Solution to adding t9 languages to SPV C500

Guest dearsina

Guest dearsina
Do anyone know if this solution is working on devices running Windows CE?

I'm thinking of buying an neonode..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hakke peiling...

I don't know anything about CE devices, I do know that devices like the M2000, where text input is either stylus or keyboard based, it's more complicated than just switching DLL files, I'm pretty sure the Neonode comes with a touch-sensitive pad, but I can't remember if it comes with a stylus.

Also, you would have to find DLL files of other CE devices to replace it with, so it might turn out to be a bit more tricky, given the limited release of the Neonode and similar CE devices.

Lykke til.

sina

london

Guest gabryriden
Hakke peiling...

I don't know anything about CE devices, I do know that devices like the M2000, where text input is either stylus or keyboard based, it's more complicated than just switching DLL files, I'm pretty sure the Neonode comes with a touch-sensitive pad, but I can't remember if it comes with a stylus.

Also, you would have to find DLL files of other CE devices to replace it with, so it might turn out to be a bit more tricky, given the limited release of the Neonode and similar CE devices.

Lykke til.

sina

london

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

any solution for my spv classic?

seems to works when istalled...after reboot and writing an sms...it write only numbers....no possibility to change

Guest dearsina
any solution for my spv classic?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Buy a new phone... :-) You can fetch a second hand E200 for less than £50/€100 or a C500 for around £100/€200 on flebay.

Guest vingadoncs

I'm looking for the catalan T9. I now that is not available for Orange phones, but yes for Siemens and Alcatel.

Can I export a T9 from this brands and import to my C500?

Thank you... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dancorp

Windows Mobile 5

I try to install frenchT9...

> Writing in T9 is impossible in this langage... 'same probleme'

I have try to remplace the T9aw.dll file.

French > same result

English > Corrupt.

Extracting DLLs from your phone

If you have a t9 DLL on your phone, there is a way of extracting it. Copy the file from the \Windows folder where you’ll usually find the t9 files to \Storage Card.

This Impossible for me...

Guest Herzl
Now, over to the registry goodness. There are two places you need to play with. The first one is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method\MUI\Languages

Click on the Available value and edit it. Add your language ID to the list and save. If you want to be extra fancy, place them in alphabetical order, as the list wont get sorted, it will just be read from beginning to end and your languages will be placed in that order.

I tried to do this, but I don't have an existing value under Languages. Can someone tell me or make a screenshot of how it should be? Which name must I use for the key?

Thanks in advance!

Herzl

• 3 weeks later...
Guest neoandy
Here are the SPV C500 - UK version languages:

Danish

Dutch

English

French

German

Italian

Spanish

See the ZIP file: T9_C500_UK.zip

BTW, I'm looking for the Romanian DLL - does anyone have a C500 from Orange Romania?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is Romanian Ldb .dll as u asked for :)

The hexa code (so code for language) is 0418

T9RomanianLdb.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hubono

Hello there,

It seems possible to add T9 arabic on the smt5600. The only problem is that I dont have the DLL for it. It will be greatly appreciated if someone can pass it along.

I dont need it for typing, i just need it to be able to view some arabic sms.

Cheerz

Guest dearsina
I have this message when trying to copy the .dll to the smartphone, any one can help?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First, right-click on the file and make sure it's not protected. Second, copy the file to the memory card on your phone and use software on the actual phone to move the file to the right place.

Hope that works.

sina

london

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i installed in for german. Works really well thank you very much for this. I had been searching a long time for a way to add the languange to my T9.

thx

Guest paletta7
Hi, i installed in for german. Works really well thank you very much for this. I had been searching a long time for a way to add the languange to my T9.

thx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry but it's many days I try to put italian language to my T9

i?ve c500 whithWM5 but try try ....please halp me soon meaby I ve a wrong dll. If somebody has a complete language in italia pleas can post hare or in the forum

thank s andrew

[email protected]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest levanter

Hi everyone

Just to let you know, I installed the Swedish T9 on a C550 for a friend, at first it didnt work, even though everything was configured correctly.

It turn out the registry entry had a few trailing spaces, onces these were deleted it all worked like a dream.

:)

Guest dearsina
Hi everyone

Just to let you know, I installed the Swedish T9 on a C550 for a friend, at first it didnt work, even though everything was configured correctly.

It turn out the registry entry had a few trailing spaces, onces these were deleted it all worked like a dream.

:o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very interesting, when you say it didn't work, was it like the language showed up, but you couldn't write anthing?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I found that thread by using google and i think here are lots of "experts" ;-)

I read this from beginning till the end but the RedEdit Link isn't still available. Can anybody tell me where I get this programm?

I also read about that I had to save the dll on the storage card. What is if I haven't a memory card? I only have the datacable with active sync and a mailaccount on my qtek 8100. But if I send the dll via mail I cant save it on my mobile. Can anybody help me to find a solution?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dearsina

Reg editor as requested (see attached).

Not sure about Russian DLL as it uses a different script than Latin, so I doubt it would be as easy as just lifting a DLL from a Russian ROM over to a non-Russian phone.

sina

london

regedit.cab

Edited by dearsina

• 3 weeks later...
Guest elziado

Just in case anyone is reading here regarding Windows Mobile 5

I managed to get Spanish t9 working on the C600 using the C500 spanish t9 file as posted above and the following entries:

HKLM\MUI\Available (Added string 040a with value "Spanish")

HKLM\T9 Input Method\MUI\Languages (Added ",040a" to end of value data list)

HKLM\T9 Input Method\LDBs (Added string 040a with value "\Storage Card\t9\T9SpanishLdb.dll)

I made the folder "t9" on my storage card and put the spanish t9 file there, as you can see the language code for that spanish is 040a (traditional sort)

hope this helps anyone looking

I am also having som trouble to get this to work.

I have windows mobile 5

The T9 i want is the norwegain.

so i copied the T9NorwegianLdb.dll on to my phone. I have tried to put it on the

storage card in a folder called t9, in application data in a folder called t9 an

I have tried putting i directly in \windows (yes, of course I have changed

the values in the registry along when changing the destination of the dll file)

In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\MUI\Availible I added the value 0414 And called

the Value Data: Norwegian

Then in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method\LDBs I added the value 0414

and called the value data: \Storage Card\t9\T9NorwegainLdb.dll

And finally in the HLM\T9 Input method\MUI\Languages I edited the value: "Availible"

from 0409,0407 to 0409,0407,0414

Then i copyed the file: "T9Ime.dll.0414.mui" onto the \windows folder

------------------------------------------------------

But still, as other on this topic, I cannot write in Norwegain.. I get the choise to

use T9 Norwegain, but Instead of writing it just beep som sounds and nothing else happens...

You say I should reset my phone. HOW? The only kind of reset I have done

in this routine, is by turning the phone on and off..

Shoud I do some more drastic stuff?? Then please tell me what and how to :)

Guest xiaosen
any help on getting chinese to work in typhoon?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm currently living in China and my friend has a Qtek 8010 (typhoon) with Chinese input. My phone won't arrive until Thursday or Friday, but I'll see if I can get the dll file for Chinese input. Do you need Simplified or Traditional?