Anyone succeeded with WM6 OS phone? I tried it with Czech and Norwegian with my HP IPAQ 514 and had no luck.
The verison of the dll files found here seem to be the same as the built-in English dll, I managed to be able to choose the new languages, n
vertheless i only heard beeping when trying to type.
Moreover, sometimes I was not able to type properly with English T9 (inability to enter space or letters being pressed twice randomly) and sometimes even with classic method (space did not work). Everythin
turned fine again when i reverted the registry changes.
Some hints in case somebody wants to continue from where I finished:
- Copy the files directly to Windows directory (Go to Menu -> Options and uncheck Hide hidden files to see hidden and system file
- Set Read-only, Hidden and System attribs to new DDLs (see what other DLLs have). If this is not set, some applications won't start (messaging) and T9 About page will display confirmation that you want to run insecure file.
- There is a file T9ImeRes.Dll.0409.mui - I tried to play with it for a while (e.g. copy it with new language ID) and this seems to have no effect. I looked inside and it seems to be some HP specific file according to the messages.
- I could not find any other useful registry keys (when searched for "T9" and "0409")
- T9Ime.dll seems to have no impact, as it is assigned to probably all languages in registry.
- Always restart the phone when changing the registry, the changes seem to be visible (e.g. language is offered), but strange things happen
- By setting the correct attributes, I managed the new DLLs to be offered in T9 About DLL listing. Unfor
unately this did not help, but it is probably a good success indicat
r (Settings 9-9-1-3 to check)
I tried also "T9 Config Utility 1.0", which does not seem to work either.