Anyone know when is MPx 220 available in uk?

Guest kianlo0n

Guest kianlo0n

yeah, i saw the mpx 220 on the new o2 catalogue for feb! and when i ask the stuff, they said will be release in a couples of weeks, which is the SAME answer that i got in jan! and i had been asking since dec! and yet the mpx 220 still keep the uk user waiting and waiting! is it the hardware problem which cannot pass the networks's quality standard or what?!

and now, i saw from one web site, http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=107705 which they sell the mpx 220 on vodafone network! which i found quite surprise, because since the mpx 220 release, there are only o2 and orange had the rumours that they will release it, and never heard any such thing from voda! and now yet, they be the first to release this phone?! so wonder whether it's true or what?! :?:

Guest Pondrew
Oops... sorry, the web site above is for mpx 200! and this is mpx 220, http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=118541

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey kianlo0n...

I believe Expansys offer handsets sim free or with Vodafone connection. It's not that the MPX220 is part of the official Vodafone range, just that Expansys offer Vodafone sim packs with phones if the customer wants...

Guest stevem999

Do you think that the release of a ROM upgrade by Motorola for US users (see news forum) is what the Uk networks are waiting for before they release this phone? Just a thought....

Guest stevem999
Surely it cant take THAT long for them to convert a ROM update from a US phone to a UK phone.....?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a wee update, O2 shop says that the MPX220 is now on their till system but no stock is available for sale so they say it hasn't bee released yet, buit being in the till system has to be good news!

Guest stevem999

MSmobiles.com reporting that Vodafone about to release the 220, ties up with posts a while back that Vodafone would release to business customers on 19th Feb. Also a post from an employee of mobilefun.co.uk on the Whatmobile forums that says it will be out on o2 this month.

Guest davidlove

Here's my 2p worth:

CPW told me last month that Moto are delaying Euro launch of MPX 220 because implementation of push email is causing problems.

Also, I saw on a US forum that Moto are switching production of this model from a far eastern supplier to in-house due to continuing quality issues.

Given the bad press and high return rate the Cingular version of 220 has had in the US, this is not surprising.

The short life cycle of such products may mean that these continuing delays will force Moto to skip 220 in Europe and call it something else. This can't be welcome news at Redmond as they watch Symbian grab over 60% smartphone market share.