MPX200 upgrade WM2003

Guest ikzq

Guest Kloster

Hey Guys ...

I am new here. Have one question ....

There is a new (for me) 2003 Update called "Super Moto 2" :lol: ! So theres no stupid cartman anymore at startup ....

BUt hell whats the real difference between this rom and the old Super Moto rom ???

Or is the logo the only fix ??

Hey Guys ...

I am new here. Have one question ....

There is a new (for me) 2003 Update called "Super Moto 2"  :( ! So theres no stupid cartman anymore at startup ....

BUt hell whats the real difference between this rom and the old Super Moto rom ???

Or is the logo the only fix ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

with this update, you can use your phone with 2003 OS in Central Europe, like I :lol:

Guest awarner [MVP]
with this update, you can use your phone with 2003 OS in Central Europe, like I :lol:

The update does not make a difference where you can use the phone and what network.

The phone will either be dual or tri-band no update affects this.

There was only some minor tweaking between the two 2003 roms nothing serious though.

Guest roma0803

I upgraded to WM2003, mainly because I wanted to run some applications that do not run on a 2002 phone. My phone was and is triband, no update changed that.

Now sometimes people say to apply the GSM Fix. Is that necesarry? If so, why? I just purchased the MPx200 here in The Netherlands, before that I had a Nokia. I must say the reception and line quality are way behind the Nokia, could some GSM fix change anyting about that?

TIA

Guest awarner [MVP]

The MPX200 can not recieve very good reception due to it's design

you could try the GSM fix but it may not make any difference compaired to a nokia.

Hmm... ok. Than I leave it for what it is. Don't want to hard reset the phone if chances are no improvement will be noticable.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like the T9 much better of the supermoto 2, it allows you different languange than the manus, like wm2002 would not allow you to!!

No probs here with reception!! also a dutchie!!

Guest roma0803

T9 is a bit getting used to, as to some key assignments (space with # instead of the 0), but I'm getting better at it ;-)

Reception isn't bad, but not as good as the Nokia. Could have been a rom update would changed that. But as awarner states, it's a different design so it will never be the same.

Guest morakod

:cry: Hi, I am new here. After I upgrade wm2003 I can use wm2003 about 4 weeks my phone can not search network (GSM900Mhz) when I select the network it show only 1900Mhz Now I switch to 2002. Can someone help me I would like to use 2003?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Where did you get your phone from?

If it was an AT&T phone then it will not have the 900Mhz band as the

AT&T phones are only dual-band not tri-band.

Just place band selection to Auto in Settings\Phone Settings\Preferred Band

Guest morakod
Where did you get your phone from?

If it was an AT&T phone then it will not have the 900Mhz band as the

AT&T phones are only dual-band not tri-band.

Just place band selection to Auto in Settings\Phone Settings\Preferred Band

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought mobile from Orang UK and unlock sim before I upgrage wm2003.

I did already for you suggest but not workl. My phone can find only 1900 (TH ACT1900) but my location is use TH GSM900.

Guest morakod
If it is an Orange phone it will still be tri-band

As I said earlier just place the phone in auto.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I already place the phone to auto but still problem.

theres only one 2002 rom and again its leaked, so it wouldnt be easy to find

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not right at all.

There are many ROMs of 2002 system.

Our original ROM:

BEN-6-0650-035 (1.0.35.65)

The latest tested (I think it is for GB):

BEN-6-1000-034 (1.0.34.0)

The latest I heard about (beeing tested):

BEN-6-1010-???

BEN-6-1020-035S

BEN-6-1030-???

There are about ten or more others between them.

The diferences between them are major. The 1000 has 7MB more free RAM then the 650 and is much more faster. On the other hand it has problems with playing MP3s. The 1020 is the fastest and has more free user memory I think.

I haven't them so don't ask but search on your own for any more info.

Edited by Wexx

Guest roma0803

Hey Wexx,

Interesting info. So how to find those specific differences between ROM's? I found quite some different ROM's on the Net, but found it hard to find the info that tells the difference between them.

Hey Wexx,

Interesting info. So how to find those specific differences between ROM's? I found quite some different ROM's on the Net, but found it hard to find the info that tells the difference between them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just test them.

Or may you now someone else who does this.

More info could be found in czech language, but it's a task of time for more info to come in english. These newest ROMs are beeing developped by someone and apparently they are going to be used somewhere.

I upgraded mine to 2003 with a Fully charged battery... After the upgrade the battery life was shocking... 4 to 5 hours max!!! Started exploring the OS and found BEAM is on by default. Turned it off... Batt now lasts 3 to 4 days. Far better OS than 2002.

• 2 years later...
Guest salah-eddine

There is no legal upgrade to WM2003 or higher for the MPx200 and forum rules prohibit discussion of non-official ROMs etc.

Sorry :rolleyes:

post-234675-1179510223_thumb.jpg

Edited by Disco Stu