Battery problem with I-Jam

Guest bturgan

Guest Chaser81

I have absolutely no idea what you guys did to your phone to get this kind of battery use from it. When I use mine throughout the day (one or two short calls, maybe fifteen minutes MP3, few texts - nothing too heavy), my battery usually decreases from 100% to around 69%, and I cant get more than two/three days from it!

I've had 4 hours of BT GPS and running memory map out of mine and it had 60% charge left after that. I was well impressed with that.

I guess it all depends on what you're doing with it - each application obviously uses different amounts of juice...

Cheers

Blakey

Guest namiran

i've noticed something about the battery usage durign night, but i just got this from experimenting:

my QTek S100 takes about 7% of battery in a night (8 hours) when using my 1gb SD maximum III card

when using a 256mb RS-MMC card it will only use 3% in one night. From what i've noticed, a "normal" 1gb sandisk SD card takes about 5% in one night...

just thought i'd share what i've come across :D

well i just had a trip to nottingham (from lowestoft, (very east) using TomTom GPS with a bluetooth receiver, backlight was at minimum brightness and the phone was on all the way.

Took about 4 hours with stops (left the phone on still as above) and had 47% batt still remaining.

personally i have the brightness totally down on the screen all the time as i think its to bright otherwise, i think this is what kills the battery the most.

Guest Chaser81

Beginning to think that a large part of the battery issue is having an SD card in all the time, as I do (never take it out). Battery life would probably be WAY better with the SD card removed.

Hmmm, I seem to remember this being an issue with e200's as well?

Still, seeing as my JAM is replacing my e200, I can't believe how good the battery life is in comparison! Certainly not a single complaint from me!

Cheers

Blakey