Jam in London UK?

Guest TonyLondon

Guest TonyLondon

I'm in London UK and I'm very interested in the Jam. I'll probably order one from Expansys on the Vodafone contract, however I'd like to see one 'in the flesh' first if possible.

Does anyone know of any stores in London where you can go and see one in action?

I must say that judging from reviews and from reading this forum the Jam must be something special! Normally people are very picky and negative about devices but the overall impression of the Jam is very positive.

How do people find using the touch screen phone keys as opposed to a real keypad? Can you text with it? That's the main thing that's concerning me. Thereagain, I supose there are always external bluetooth keyboards you can use.

Tony

Guest TonyLondon
I am also in the same position, to be honest, even if i don't see one, I'll probably order it next Friday anyway!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you mean! I'll probably do the same. I might hang on a bit longer in case Expansys lessen the tariff a bit.

I've also heard that T-Mobile in the UK are going to be introducing their version in a week or so (MDA Compact) and I might check that out first. I rang O2 today and they couldn't say if and when they would introduce the 'XDA2-mini', which is what they call their version of the Jam in other countries.

I think on this website someone said that Orange in the UK were also testing a version which they would brand as part of their SPV range. However, it probably makes sense to buy the I-Mate version because then you can get the dedicated I-Mate support which apparently is worth having.

Good luck if you buy one before me - make sure you post your impressions here!

I'm in London UK and I'm very interested in the Jam. I'll probably order one from Expansys on the Vodafone contract, however I'd like to see one 'in the flesh' first if possible.

Does anyone know of any stores in London where you can go and see one in action?

Tony

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They have in two stores on Tottenham Court Road. "C&A Electronics" and "The Digital Store".

Guest TonyLondon
They have in two stores on Tottenham Court Road. "C&A Electronics" and "The Digital Store".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very useful info, thanks!

To Paul and Chaser81 - thanks for the offer, if I don't find the phone on the Tottenham Court Road I may well drop you a line!