SPV E200 v2.7.2.2 FRENCH ROM UPDATE

Guest losteagle

Guest losteagle

Have anyone tried the French ROM Update from ORANGE FR Site for SPV E200 ?

I'm interested to patch but I don't know if it works with my English UK Orange ROM device.

Some interesting bugs were fixed as the SD/MMC abnormal power consumption and some camera's photo problems ....

please give a look at :

Aide SPV E200

filename to download is :

RUU_v2.63_OrangeFR_v2.7.2.2_Ship.exe

thanks who can give me more information about ...

TOM - ITALY :roll:

Guest mgielissen

I'v tested the French ROM, is has English and Dutch included. But I shaw that the radio version was 1.12.x, the current version is 1.16.x. and the other versions are older.

I think the version by orange.ch v2.7.5 is the newest. I'm now testing it.

Edited by mgielissen

Guest Ease_the_pain

mgielissen , I did the latest v2.7.5.1 Rom upgade and My Spv workin' well , but in the phone info; Radio version 1.12.04 ,rom version v2.7.5.1 , is there anything wrong? or does Radio version need upgrade too?

Guest mgielissen

I also tried the new QTEC rom from www.tomtom.it. This gives radio version 1.16. The Orange rom's have radioversion 1.12.

I'm testing several roms for battery life.

The QTEK rom works very well, good bluetooth, loud speaker and good audio. But the battery life was about 24hours.

Edited by mgielissen

Guest Ease_the_pain

interesting, my orange spv has unlocked;) battery life with the normal use without bluetooth is about 2 days. Can I use your Qtek Rom in my orange spvE200 with unlock zip? Does it work? What does Radio version do? do you know anything about it?

Guest Ease_the_pain

mgielissen , you said,you are trying the frenc rom update,How? On my spv ı can update the v 2.7.5.1 with the unlockzip.But when I try to update French Rom ,you r talkin about ,with the same(Iam using it with v 2.7.5.1) unlock zip. there is a error msj . Please tell me the way how to update it .

On the Dutch orange site the latest version is 2.7.3.3.

It says so when upgrading but the filename suggests otherwise...

spv_e200_v2633.exe

Just thought you'd like to know... haven't tried it yet... upgrade blues. :lol:

Edited by garuda

Guest mgielissen

I'v tested the Dutch rom because i'm dutch :lol:

Batterylife witch the orange rom is good for 2-3 days. Now I'm testing the IMate rom, this had dutch alse as language. The QTEK rom doesn't :| I think Imate is the best rom so far.

Guest Ease_the_pain

1-We trust your experience:)Can you tell us ,what are the differences between( which version) Ä°mate Rom and the others?

2-Imate , requires registration,How can I download the Rom that you are talking about.Is there a different link?

3- Thank you very much:)

the imate rom isn't that good as the orange rom.

i've had the imate rom for about half a year, and battery life was about a day, and the latest orange(2.7.1.1) update was far better, 2-3 days.

the best rom is the O2 Xphone rom, but that isn't dutch language. T9 dutch is included in the rom.

Guest Ease_the_pain

Friends, could you someone please tell me , how can you download this ROM updates from O2 or Imate . both of them needs register.how can ı register , with my orange phone Imei? :cry:

Guest deBruineBeren
I find the Imate Rom better then the Orange. Batterylife is good for 2-3 days and no Orange crap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear mgielissen,

I quess the Imate Rom you are talking about is the one you will find via this page.

RUU v2.60

Inst 1.10.15.2

CDL V1.11.15.32

Edited by deBruineBeren

Guest Ease_the_pain

[mgielissen Posted Feb 7 2005, 11:49

I find the Imate Rom better then the Orange. Batterylife is good for 2-3 days and no Orange crap.

]

+1 I've been using the orange rom, now I am using Imate rom, I am not a professional tester 8) . but I think I mate Rom is great.

Guest Ease_the_pain

Two interesting thing about this ROM ; I think some other friends noticed this bug before! When you record the video using the joystick and then try to play it , It can only play for 0.5 sec. same in PC.But ıf you record the video , using the left (record) soft key , it plays normal! Is there a fix or solution for it? 2- there are some lovely skins , I couldn't install them with the orange rom! there was a error screen says you can't install them to this device. but now ı can install the same skins without any problem with the imate rom :lol: , thanks

Guest stefano.n
Dear mgielissen,

I quess the Imate Rom you are talking about is the one you will find via this page.

RUU v2.60

Inst 1.10.15.2

CDL V1.11.15.32

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does this i-mate rom have the italian language?

What is the radio version?

Imate ROM v1.11.15.32:

Radio Version 1.16.00

Languages available:

Nederlands

Danks

Espanol

Italiano

Francais

Deutch

US English

UK English

Edited by Phrak

That's the IMate Rom I'm using.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please specify the disadvantages of using the imate rom.

(There has to be some of them?)

Can i keep using tomtom mobile with it (very important to me)

Can i keep using the "semi free" gprs internet from orange (using the http proxy) ?

Thanks (I)mate :lol:

Kind Regards from Rotterdam

Guest mgielissen

TomTom Mobile works great with the IMate ROM (with other brands GPS BT mice)

Batterylife is around 3-4 days. Also the semi free Orange internet works with the http proxy. I have not tested MMS yet.

One important thing is that the Imate rom is not Application Locked.