Photo

Stock Issues

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: What action have you taken to get your HTC Blue Angel (47 member(s) have cast votes)

What action have you taken to get your HTC Blue Angel

1. Was with Orange but moved to T-Mobile (9 votes [19.15%])

Percentage of vote: 19.15%

2. Was with Orange but moved to O2 (6 votes [12.77%])

Percentage of vote: 12.77%

3. Was with Orange but moved to OTHER (4 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

4. Waiting for Orange to sort their act out (27 votes [57.45%])

Percentage of vote: 57.45%

5. Was not with orange and have upgraded with current provider (1 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Chaser81

Chaser81

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Devices:HTC One
  • Twitter:@@Chaser81
About a month all in, maybe slightly more. Five days to port out, 30 days wait, five days to port back in.

Phone-ography:

Current: iPhone 4

Past: iPhone 3G, iPhone, HTC TyTn II, HTC Touch, Nokia N95, Motorola Z8, Qtek 8500, T-Mobile MDA Vario, SonyEricsson W900i, SPV C550, SonyEricsson K750i, Nokia 9300, I-Mate Jam, C500, Moto V600, SonyEricsson P900, P800, Treo 600, SPV e200, Nokia 1100, Nokia 6230, SonyEricsson K700i, T610, Nokia 7650, SonyEricsson T68, T29, Moto T250, Nokia 8310, Samsung A100, SPV Classic, Moto V50, Nokia 7110, Vodafone EuroTel

Stress is when you wake up screaming and then realise you havent fallen asleep yet!

RussellH

RussellH

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Devices:HTC TYTN II
To Dazultra2000,
I'm expecting a call back today about my replacement M2000. I explained what you'd been told about having to wait for a reconditioned phone. As always, they were extremely pleasant and helpful, and confirmed that because there are no reconditioned handsets due to it being such a new phone, a stock of new handsets would be sent out to people like us instead. He apologised for the fact that different people get different stories each time they ring, and could see how this would lead to you being very annoyed. I shall wait for my call back, and let you know how it goes.

dazultra2000

dazultra2000

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:K850i/TyTN II

To Dazultra2000,
I'm expecting a call back today about my replacement M2000.  I explained what you'd been told about having to wait for a reconditioned phone.  As always, they were extremely pleasant and helpful, and confirmed that because there are no reconditioned handsets due to it being such a new phone, a stock of new handsets would be sent out to people like us instead.  He apologised for the fact that different people get different stories each time they ring, and could see how this would lead to you being very annoyed.  I shall wait for my call back, and let you know how it goes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, I'm still not convinced. I've been lead down this path before to no resolve.
I hope you get further than I did.

BTW, I re-checked the stock list and as of the 28th Jan they still had brand new replacements in.

Previously owned phones: Maxon MX3204, Ericsson PH337, GA628, GF768, A1018, T18, T20s, A2628s, R320s, R380s, T65, T68m, SonyEricsson T68i, T300, T310, T610, T630, Z200, P800, P900, P910i, K700i, W800i, W900i, K800i, K850i Sony J70, Bosch 509, Philips Savvy, Motorola C520, m3788, T191, V600, V80, Panasonic X70, Nokia 3210, 3310, 6310i, NGage, 7600, N80 Sagem myX-5, Orange SPV, SPV C500, SPV C550, SPV M2000, SPV M5000, Amoi S6, HTC TyTN II

RussellH

RussellH

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hmm, I'm still not convinced. I've been lead down this path before to no resolve.
I hope you get further than I did.

BTW, I re-checked the stock list and as of the 28th Jan they still had brand new replacements in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which department said they still had replacements in? I've just phoned Replacements again. They insist they don't have any. They're still giving out loan phones, and don't know who's telling people they're in stock. If someone can tell me who's claiming to have some, I'll check with my media contact and get him to look into these discrepancies. They do however insist that we will get new replacements when they get them in stock.

Edited by RussellH, 01 February 2005 - 08:46 AM.

dazultra2000

dazultra2000

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:K850i/TyTN II
Check your PM, RusselH

Edited by dazultra2000, 01 February 2005 - 09:57 AM.

Previously owned phones: Maxon MX3204, Ericsson PH337, GA628, GF768, A1018, T18, T20s, A2628s, R320s, R380s, T65, T68m, SonyEricsson T68i, T300, T310, T610, T630, Z200, P800, P900, P910i, K700i, W800i, W900i, K800i, K850i Sony J70, Bosch 509, Philips Savvy, Motorola C520, m3788, T191, V600, V80, Panasonic X70, Nokia 3210, 3310, 6310i, NGage, 7600, N80 Sagem myX-5, Orange SPV, SPV C500, SPV C550, SPV M2000, SPV M5000, Amoi S6, HTC TyTN II

RussellH

RussellH

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Orange media contact now investigating reasons why different people are being told different stories.

Dazaultra2000 - Have PM'd you back!

Edited by RussellH, 01 February 2005 - 12:04 PM.

TheMadScot

TheMadScot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I ported one of my Orange contract numbers across to O2 to get and XDA IIs; it's a nice device and all, but let's just say that I'm not overwhelmed with O2's technical support:

My situation is that I will be travelling to Montana in the US on business next month, but the city which I'm going to is not covered by any of O2's roaming network partners - information that I double-checked before contacting O2.

Armed with this knowledge, I set about emailing O2 support. I explained the situation, and the responses were as follows (edited for brevity)

Me: I'd like to SIM unlock my XDA IIs as I'm going abroad to an area that O2 do not have sufficient roaming partner network coverage.

O2: SIM Unlocking costs £15, but we don't unlock handests until after your 12 month contract is up.

Me: Hang on a minute, I'm locked into the contract for 12 months anyway, and on my O2 Max tariff, you'll get at least £900 out of me for the duration. If I were to cancel my contract, I'd still have to pay O2 the remainder of my line rental and, if I didn't, you could but a global bar on the handset's IMEI... so where's the risk to O2?

O2: Yes, we confirm you've had your handset for less than 12 months; if you wish to cancel, you'll need to pay us for the remaining line rental. If you wish to use your handset abroad, you need to have international roaming activated. To do this, you will need to lodge a £100 deposit against your account, which is refundable after three months.

Me: FFS! I never said I wanted to cancel, and my tariff already includes ITS (as published) and now you say I have to pay £100 to roam? Did you miss the part where I mentioned that you have NO PARTNER COVERAGE in the area which I'm travelling to?? Please escalate this issue to a supervisor.

O2: Hello. You have had your contract for less than twelve months. If you wish to SIM unlock your handset, you will have to cancel your contract, pay for any outstanding call charges and the line due for the remaining portion of your contract, plus a £15 unlock fee.

... at this point, I could kill... so I telephone O2 customer services instead.

I get told:

1. The O2 shop can do it for you, so I call them and

2. My local O2 shop tells me they'll call customer services on my behalf and get back to me

3. The chap from the O2 shop calls me and says "They say it'll cost over £900"

4. I call customer services - again - and ask for a supervisor, and get told to contact Network Services on a different number

5. Network Services say they DO have partner coverage in Montana, and that this info is on their website... I'm not near a PC when I take this call, so I cant check. I hang up and later I get to my desk, get to the O2 website and check for "Billings, Montana, USA" under international coverage. Guess what? No Coverage

6. I call O2 customer services again, thinking to myself that perhaps a lesser person would have resorted to mass-murder by now. I explain the situation in detail again, get told "can't unlock under 12 months yada yada" and then ask to speak to a manager. Two minutes of being on hold and then I'm told - "Right, we're organising your unlock code for you"

A half dozen emails and about 1 hour of 0870 calls to get there.

Compare and contrast this with my call to Orange to SIM unlock my SPV C500 yesterday:

Me: Hello, SIM unlock yada yada

Orange: Fine; we've requested the code and will call you for your £20 payment once we have it, which will be around 5 business days time.

I've had my C500 since August 26th... yes, five whole months, on a Talk 200 plan.

So, in summation

O2 = first to market with the goods, but crap support
Orange = late getting the handsets, but very little hassle

Should I have stayed completely with Orange? Only time will tell.

Chaser81

Chaser81

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
@TheMadScot

:D :D :P You gotta see the funny side though....

Phone-ography:

Past: iPhone 3G, iPhone, HTC TyTn II, HTC Touch, Nokia N95, Motorola Z8, Qtek 8500, T-Mobile MDA Vario, SonyEricsson W900i, SPV C550, SonyEricsson K750i, Nokia 9300, I-Mate Jam, C500, Moto V600, SonyEricsson P900, P800, Treo 600, SPV e200, Nokia 1100, Nokia 6230, SonyEricsson K700i, T610, Nokia 7650, SonyEricsson T68, T29, Moto T250, Nokia 8310, Samsung A100, SPV Classic, Moto V50, Nokia 7110, Vodafone EuroTel

Stress is when you wake up screaming and then realise you havent fallen asleep yet!

philgriffiths

philgriffiths

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Devices:Orange M2000
Those thinking of leaving orange to get their mits on a blue angel from O2...... you have been warned!! :D

"Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime." - Ernest Hemingway

TheMadScot

TheMadScot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

@TheMadScot

:D :D :P You gotta see the funny side though....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I suppose: I'm glad they have stringent firearms controls in the UK, otherwise the tempation to take a high-powered rifle down to the O2 Customer (non) Service centre might have proved overwhelming... I can just see myself, sighting down the scope, a tube of Pringles nearby to stem hunger from the long wait.. then happily blowing kneecaps off from 200 yards away, muttering to myself "Once you pop, you can't stop..."

If O2 only knew of the psychosis that they cause... :shock:

j/k

Chaser81

Chaser81

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
Oooh, actually, go on! They are based in Slough, you will be doing the world a favour!

Phone-ography:

philgriffiths

philgriffiths

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Devices:Orange M2000
Don't O2 have bases up in Leeds too? A friend of mine used to work on their (wait for it) technical support team, or somethin

"Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime." - Ernest Hemingway

TheMadScot

TheMadScot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Oooh, actually, go on! They are based in Slough, you will be doing the world a favour!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The most irritating part of it all wasn't the folks at the call centre, but the non-service that I got from emailing O2's support... given the names on all of the email signatures, I'm more than sure that O2 have out-sourced their web-based support to India... resulting in my frustration when I said "If I wanted to cancel my contract..." and the reply came back "To cancel your contract you will be charged...."

As much as I can appreciate the economic and business decisions made when a company such as O2 out-sources their support to the other side of the world, oftentimes it's the complexity of English when used as a secondary language that cause the most confusion and irritation. I can't really fault the staff at these centres, 'cause they're just doing their job and trying to earn a crust from it... but hell, I could have strangled them for their seeming intransigence.

Oh, and on the gun thing? I found out a few years back that I'm a "dead eye" at up to 300 yards. I used to live and work in Fort Worth, Texas, and the company had a rifle club that I went to a few times. What no-one could understand was that I was (and still am) against personal ownership of firearms. Go figure.

Anyways, back on topic: I hope for all you folks out there "Waiting for Orange to get their act together" that you can get your hands on one of these fine devices... even with all the hassle I've had - and let's face it, it was for a pretty out of the ordinary request - I'm more than happy with my IIs and can't wait to see what HTC will have come up with by the time my other contract runs out in August.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users