PHM Registry Editor

Guest pepper

Hi i've been trying to install phm registry editor and I download it from www.phm.lu/products/Smartphone/RegEdit/download.asp

I do the active sync installer but it won't show up on my add/remove programs to my mpx220. I would be very grateful for any help. Thanks.

Hi i've been trying to install phm registry editor and I download it from www.phm.lu/products/Smartphone/RegEdit/download.asp

I do the active sync installer but it won't show up on my add/remove programs to my mpx220. I would be very grateful for any help. Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if it's an .EXE file, you should execute it via windows explorer on your pc. but if its a .CAB file then you should copy it onto your storage card and execute it via smart explorer on your phone and just follow the instruction.

• 2 weeks later...
if it's an .EXE file, you should execute it via windows explorer on your pc. but if its a .CAB file then you should copy it onto your storage card and execute it via smart explorer on your phone and just follow the instruction.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am having the same issue. When I open it via my computer, it goes thru installation, then it gets to a part where it asks you to check the boxes of the software you want on your phone. The registry editor is not listed there and never gets installed.

Guest niceguymr

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, I'm having the exact same problem too.

Use the cab file. That works fine.

It seems that the PC setup doesn't call the Windows CE Application Manager with the correct parameter (the *.ini file) or that the *.ini file is not ok.

Guest RuBiCaNT5X
Use the cab file. That works fine.

It seems that the PC setup doesn't call the Windows CE Application Manager with the correct parameter (the *.ini file) or that the *.ini file is not ok.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you go about installing .CAB files from the phone. I ran the .xml file from File Explorer (opened up IE) and it left a blank page.

How do you go about installing .CAB files from the phone.  I ran the .xml file from File Explorer (opened up IE) and it left a blank page.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Copy the cab file to your phone (you can put it in \Storage\, \Storage card\ or even in \Temp\), open the File Explorer on the phone and browse to that folder, then select the cab file and press the action key (joystick). It will install the application.

Guest Maikeul
Go to http://www.phm.lu/Products/Smartphone/RegEdit/, click on "Download PHM Registry Editor : Smartphone Edition", select from the drop-down list "Smartphone 2002,2003 (ARM/PXA)" and click "Download".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did that and I got a zip file with

0regedit.001

Phmreg~1.002

and _setup.xml

which one of these is the cab file?

if I open _setup.xml on my phone it just shows a blank screen

Guest Maikeul
No, you got a cab file which you wrongly opened with Winzip or something.

Follow my instructions for RuBiCaNT5X above.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see :lol:

On both of my computers it tried to open and save it as a winzip file. I had to type .cab and select 'all files' under it.

THANKS!!

When you download it, you get the option to open or save the file. Just choose save instead of open. The file extension is cab, not zip, so there's no need to change anything.

Guest tool082078
When you download it, you get the option to open or save the file. Just choose save instead of open. The file extension is cab, not zip, so there's no need to change anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im getting " installation failed............cannot be installed becuase it is not digitally signed witha trusted certificate." any help? thats the error on the phone btw

Edited by tool082078

Guest sorensc

I had previously tried the Desktop install, but no luck.

This worked awesome for me.

Thanks for the tip!

I did that and I got a zip file with

0regedit.001

Phmreg~1.002

and _setup.xml

which one of these is the cab file?

if I open _setup.xml on my phone it just shows a blank screen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 1 month later...
Guest Julie U
got the software! thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was able to install PHM registry editor with the instructions here. I have also used it to change some values but it acts really weird. It will bounce back to the Home Screen in the middle of clicking down through the levels. It took me ten tries to change a setting - I had to do everything quickly with no pauses and then it took.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Am I doing something wrong? or should I reinstall? Is this because the editor is written for smartphone 2002 and I have 2003?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Julie

Guest dchester
I was able to install PHM registry editor with the instructions here. I have also used it to change some values but it acts really weird. It will bounce back to the Home Screen in the middle of clicking down through the levels. It took me ten tries to change a setting - I had to do everything quickly with no pauses and then it took.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Am I doing something wrong? or should I reinstall? Is this because the editor is written for smartphone 2002 and I have 2003?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Julie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a registry change which corrects this issue. Use PHM to navigate to the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\LowMem\ProgramMem. Increasing this value from 18 to 64 will significantly improve the stability of PHM, and other things as well. You will need to reboot afterwards for it to take effect.

Guest roma0803
There is a registry change which corrects this issue. Use PHM to navigate to the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\LowMem\ProgramMem. Increasing this value from 18 to 64 will significantly improve the stability of PHM, and other things as well.  You will need to reboot afterwards for it to take effect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, it took me eight tries, but got it. Thanks for this tip. PHM doesn't bounce back anymore, or at least it takes a longer time.

Guest Julie U
Well, it took me eight tries, but got it. Thanks for this tip. PHM doesn't bounce back anymore, or at least it takes a longer time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Worked for me too - no bounce backs - many thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mannfeld

Could someone help with this? I have read this thread several times and everytime I attempt to download the file I get a dialogue box that says:

WinZip

Cannot create ARC, TAR, CAB, WMZ, WSZ, YFS, gzip or Microsoft compressed files

What is the issue here? What do I need to do to get around it?

TIA

Michael

Guest Mannfeld
During download? You download from this page, go to the page with the license, check the checkbox and select the correct version. Then 'save as'? Are u using a downloadmanager?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not using dowload mgr. And it is not possible to do a "Save as..." from this page You may only click the "Download" button. And when I click that button, after agreeing to the terms of the license agreement, I get the error.

Any other suggestions?

Guest dchester
I am not using dowload mgr. And it is not possible to do a "Save as..." from this page You may only click the "Download" button. And when I click that button, after agreeing to the terms of the license agreement, I get the error.

Any other suggestions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your link is to the Pocket PC version. Try the SMARTPHONE version link that roma0803 posted.

http://www.phm.lu/Products/Smartphone/RegEdit/