Finally a Cradle

Guest tasi

hmmm.... seems kind of expensive, it's unclear if the usb cable comes with it (I'm guessing no), and I wonder how secure/loose the mini usb is in the cradle... Also, I wonder if there is really 9999 available or it's make to order, not that it matters though I guess....

All that, and I'm actually thinking about it.... I think I may wait a few more weeks to see if anything else comes up... Anyone have one of these or going to go for it?!

Guest mark4130

Its not going to be that stable either. Lets face it, the handset is slippy when its in your hand so i cant see it being a firm connection between the handset and the clear plastic cradle.

Its going to want to fall sideways every time the surface the cradle is on is bumped.... and its the mini USB connector that is going to have to be strong enough to keep it upright..

Mark

Guest lsainsbury

Hello!,

I'm sorry - but it looks sooo sh!t! (Sorry Admin!) It looks like it's been built by a student for a project in their woodwork / metalwork class - or whatever they are called these days!

I jumped for joy when I read the post, but I nearly cried laughing (or sadness) when I saw the photos! And the price? It's so laughable!!!

:D

Come on Orange - pull your finger out and give us a decent cradle - and a car cradle as well!

Lee

Edited by lsainsbury

Guest awarner [MVP]

New meaning for the word "Designed" :D

The phone just sits on top, there's no real designing here. You expect a proper cradle that holds the phone firmlly.

A cheaper option would be to use a lump of blutack, then you could make it into any shape you want :D

Guest nedge2k

OMFG :shock: ...do they really expect people to pay for this!? We used to make crap like that at GCSE! Infact i could go into uni on monday and make this...wouldnt cost me anything. Gotta love 'em for trying tho :D

Guest Drewtech

Somehow I don't think the Typhoon is the only phone this cradle can balance. I won't say hold because it clearly doesn't actually hold it.

I won't be buying one. Personally I find that the phone sits quite nicely on my desk plugged into its USB cable and it is easy to pick up and use whenever I need it.

I don't even think a bespoke car cradle is necessary either. I have the phone in a Krusell case and it hooks beautifully onto the Belkin vent mount for use with plugged in phones, bluetooth headset and Co-Pilot GPS.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
OMFG :shock: ...do they really expect people to pay for this!? We used to make crap like that at GCSE! Infact i could go into uni on monday and make this...wouldnt cost me anything. Gotta love 'em for trying tho :D

I was just thinking the same thing... :D

Well done for someone trying to market a deskstand, I'm at a loss as to why Orange or one of the other accessory manufacturers haven't come up with a decent stand before now, how hard can it be ?

As for this particular effort, I would go along with earlier posts, I'm sure I did something along these lines when I was at school. It certainly needs jazzing up, some support to the platform (you're going to lean on it one day and that sucker is going to give way), support to the phone (it's going to slide off more often that not), and something other than clear perspex has got to be the way to go.

Oh, and it's far too expensive for what it is.

Guest cybercamel
The phone just sits on top, there's no real designing here. You expect a proper cradle that holds the phone firmlly.

Exactly, its not a cradle, its a perch! Its rubbish (no offence :D )

Guest lsainsbury
I have the phone in a Krusell case and it hooks beautifully onto the Belkin vent mount for use with plugged in phones, bluetooth headset and Co-Pilot GPS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Drewtech - Where can we buy these bits please? Thanks!

Lee

Guest Raven001

My heart skipped a beat when i saw this on the front page, but I was dissapointed when I clicked on the link. We need vertical 'guides', so we can slam the phone in and not worry about aiming it! :D

Guest Raven001

I just noticed that this cradle is the ONLY thing the site sells!

Also, notice the shipping policy:

Shipping Information

Although we make every effort to ship items as soon as possible, please understand that each cradle is handmade. The combination of the time required to obtain the parts, making the cradle, and ensuring quality, could result in a long wait time for shipping (up to 4 weeks). The ship time will also depend on the demand for the product.

Yikes!

Guest flashback87

haha ya..... just fyi for people who haven't messed w/ plexi glass before.... that thign would be VERY easy to make.... like... w/ a saw and an oven and some gloves you could make that in about two hours..... with about 2 bucks in plexiglass...... but i guess since they're hand made and all the price isn't way too terrible.... the thing that would take the most time is sanding/smoothign the edges....

Brodit cradle and a UK supplier

C500 car mount

Used in conjunction with a brodit car mount.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that plexy thing looks better than that... :D

but hey... thats what i think

Best wishes

Prema

Edited by Prema