My Jam hard reset itself!

Guest LadFromWales

Guest LadFromWales85

Yesterday, I was charging up my tired Jam over usb to my laptop. As the laptop is new, I was letting its battery run down. Once it ran down and cut off the power, my Jam also shut off. I pressed its power button, and saw the I-Mate logo, followed by the "Tap the screen to set up your Pocket PC" message :D

I hadnt made a backup of the phone, so I am not best pleased.

Odd how this doesnt happen if you yank out the usb cable from either end.....

Shouldn't the backup battery have kept the data in my phone?

Guest LadFromWales85

Just took a look at the manual. The backup battery will look after the data in your Jam if you remove the main battery, for up to 30 minutes.

The main battery caters for keeping the data in the phone after it reaches a critical level for 72 hours.

My phone battery was full, it was only connected for activesync. Ah well, learnt my lesson, heh.

Loving my Jam so far, needs more software though...shame most of the good software is like $15 to $30 per piece!

I really would like an advanced call log, like I had with 6600. I could set up when I had free minutes, and how many etc, so I'd always know if I have any free minutes left. It could even roll over the minutes if needed. Doubt there would be anything like that for PPC yet though :D