nickcornaglia

nickcornaglia

Blackjack'd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts
  • Devices:iPhone5
  • Twitter:@nickcornaglia
Is this information correct? Going by the member list....

Amazing that out of 74,005 members (to date)...60,000 have never posted at all. An additional 10-12,000 have posted 10 posts or less. It's only about 500 members that have posted 100 posts or more each.

I've heard of lurkers....but this is an epidemic! :D No point here...I was just curious to see.

-Nick

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Well the stats don't lie... I guess we have a huge amount of people come hear to read / download!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Tiny56

Tiny56

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario III

Well the stats don't lie... I guess we have a huge amount of people come hear to read / download!

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure you're right and there are probably lots of people like me - new to smartphones, browsing the forum for info and having most/all our questions answered by searching and reading the discussions of our more experienced peers.

There, I've just made my first post and migrated from 1 in 60,000 to 1 in 10-12,000!

Tiny56

Tiny56

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario III
PS How much did the Plus membership week raise for the Tsunami effort in the end?

[I answered my own question with a simple seach!] :D

Edited by Tiny56, 30 January 2005 - 07:19 PM.

Disco Stu

Disco Stu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,184 posts
  • Interests:techno, Leeds United
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual / SPV E650
Welcome to the forum :D

It's good to hear that people are prepared to put in the effort to read the existing posts to find the information they need.
Having said that, we always welcome new members getting involved.

blewer

blewer

MoDaCo Plus Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Devices:SPV-SPVE200-SPVM600-SPVM700

It's only about 500 members that have posted 100 posts or more each.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That makes me feel special :D

Earn money on your phone with Navizon 'CLICK BELOW'
http://my.navizon.co...de=5D565A5A575D

Posted Image

amo

amo

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario 3
And i feel even more special for being in the even smaller group of 33 who have posted more than 1000 times :D

"I'm sorry you'll have to speak up - i'm wearing a towel"

om1

om1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:SMT 5600
okay this is my first post now there are 59,999 people with out posting. This has really been a great forum to learn from. I love my 5600! Thanks for an outstanding forum!

Most Kind Regards

Please Donate to Give Kids The World
Give Kids The World

nitnoy

nitnoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

okay this is my first post now there are 59,999 people with out posting.  This has really been a great forum to learn from.  I love my 5600!  Thanks for an outstanding forum!

Most Kind Regards

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second that.
Best Regards

Tr31ze

Tr31ze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:spv c500
if id spam id be able to get 1000 posts well fast but i dont think you guys would like it, just got my second smartphone and will be doin more stuff with it then with the last one (spv1 before - c500 now)
i might even code some stuff for it as soon as i have some spare time :D (if only i knew what to code since there is allready so much stuff out there :D)

but anyway, nice site, keep it up :D
ill be a regular here from now on :P

nickcornaglia

nickcornaglia

Blackjack'd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts
  • Devices:iPhone5
  • Twitter:@nickcornaglia
I dont think anyone would like you spamming, nor posting just for the sake of raising counts.

Just in case it's misinterpreted, the purpose of my post was not to solicit posts from those who wouldnt ordinarily post, nor make sport of those who dont post, or anything devious like that. I was just suprised at the ratio of "posters" to "non-posters".

What would be a cooler statistic is actual hits rather than posts. If most members dont post, then how many of them are actually active readers?
Number of guest hits.
Number of member hits.
...per day
...per week
...per month
...per member.

Edited by encece, 30 January 2005 - 10:59 PM.

-Nick

squall

squall

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Smartphones
we used to have good stats on the board, well phpbb. Not sure if there is a plugin for IB

Regards
Ian

Chaser81

Chaser81

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Devices:HTC One
  • Twitter:@@Chaser81
I joined way back in 2003 (when I got my e200) but didnt actually start actively posting until about september last year when I got my C500 (mainly cause I had the e200 for such a short period of time - battery was rubbish). Having started to participate though, I cant imagine not doing so, Modaco is great, and much friendlier than other Mobile phone related boards (mentioning no names but it starts with E!)

Phone-ography:

Current: iPhone 4

Past: iPhone 3G, iPhone, HTC TyTn II, HTC Touch, Nokia N95, Motorola Z8, Qtek 8500, T-Mobile MDA Vario, SonyEricsson W900i, SPV C550, SonyEricsson K750i, Nokia 9300, I-Mate Jam, C500, Moto V600, SonyEricsson P900, P800, Treo 600, SPV e200, Nokia 1100, Nokia 6230, SonyEricsson K700i, T610, Nokia 7650, SonyEricsson T68, T29, Moto T250, Nokia 8310, Samsung A100, SPV Classic, Moto V50, Nokia 7110, Vodafone EuroTel

Stress is when you wake up screaming and then realise you havent fallen asleep yet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users