Pocket Control PC - NetCF

Guest Kingherc

Guest Kingherc

[241]ControlPCcf_3.gif

File Name :: Pocket Control PC - NetCF

Author :: Kingherc

Category :: Tools - Productivity

Description ::

I focused for a long time on creating a new free program for Windows (Mobile 2003). This program is intended for controling remotely a PC with the help of a device like Smartphones, PCs or Pocket PCs. It's source is also available and any developper could help!

Pocket Control PC is divided in two programs, both essential for it to work. One program is called the client and the other the host. The host program is Pocket Control PC - PC and always runs on a PC. The client one is Pocket Control PC - NetCF which runs on Smartphones 2003, Pocket PCs 2003 and PCs. When both programs are run and connected, the remote user can send commands to the PC which are then executed. The current commands supported pertain to the following:

# Mouse and Scroll commands: The remote user is able to control the PC's mouse (and mouse's vertical scroll).

# Keyboard commands: The remote user is able to control the PC's keyboard. All usual keys are supported. Current keyboard layout is US (extended - with media/browser/application keys e.g. next/previous track). The remote user can normally change languages in Windows.

# Input text & keystrokes: The remote user can input text and keystrokes for the PC.

# Input Mouse location: The remote user can input coordinates to move the PC's mouse.

For the connection between the device and the PC, the TCP/IP protocol is used. Microsoft's Activesync connection is adequate (through many ways like cable, bluetooth, network etc). You can find more info in the programs' readmes.

Requirements:

# A device with .NET Compact Framework. It could be Smartphones 2003, Pocket PCs 2003 and PCs. In Smartphones and Pocket PCs, .NETCF is pre-installed. On PCs, you must download and install .NETCF or .NET Framework if you do not have it (Note: .NET Framework supercedes .NETCF).

# A PC which runs Pocket Control PC - PC.

# Connection between PC and the device with TCP/IP. Microsoft's Activesync connection is adequate.

View File

• 3 weeks later...
Guest trental

Wow, this is awesome! Nice handy work!!

Is there a program that has the opposite control as this one? I want to be able to control my Smartphone with my PC. I can't believe I'm having such a hard time finding something like this. I have Agile Messenger loaded on my Smartphone, and it would be great if I could us my PC to type and send messages. At work all our ports are locked down, and we can't use any IMs, so it would rock if I had a user friendly app that would allow me full control of my Smartphone via my PC.

Anybody heard of something like this?

Again, this program (Pocket PC) is pretty cool!

Thanks! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ALESMANA

I've downloaded the program, unzipped it on my pc and transferred the folders to my smartphone,

but then removed/deleted it from my smartphone cuz i forgot to download the pc version and the .net framework,

after some time i get the both mentioned progams(pc version and .net framework) i copied the smartphone programs once again onto my smarthone, but this time it wont work..,

everytime i tried i click on the .exe file, the phone returned a message "access denied", what happpened?, what should i do?, i think this is an innovative appz for the phone, i would love to see it working on my phone., thx

• 2 months later...
Guest SilentlyScreaming
Wow, this is awesome! Nice handy work!!

Is there a program that has the opposite control as this one? I want to be able to control my Smartphone with my PC. I can't believe I'm having such a hard time finding something like this.

[CUT]

Thanks!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Two possibilities here - either try something like SOTI pocket controller (see here) or maybe Microsoft's tools (here) (also discussed in first link above)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jonhguth

ok i can't get this to work

i got it on the device and i am synced with active sync. i don't understand what they were saying about putting something on listen mode, i don't see that anywhere

• 1 year later...
Guest fly.high

my mpx220 is connected via Bluetooth with ActiveSync, and the Pocket Control PC connect with PC for a while.. but after few seconds the connection is broken. ActiveSync is still connected. anyone have this problem?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.