Orange Developer Forum

Guest Cent

I just received the following e-mail from Orange :

Thank you for your application to join the Orange Developers Forum. Please accept out apologies for the delay in responding, we currently have an overwhelming number of applications to process.

Before we approve your application, could you please provide us with some more information about your company. Can you please send us a hard, colour copy of your company brochure. Please post it to the address to follow

Kindest Regards

Stephanie Partridge

Orange Developers Forum

Said signup happend over a month ago. To be exact I signed up whilst MS

and Orange were holding their talk for the Orange Certification online at Microsoft. My question in this online meeting were all targetted at development and even more so freeware development. All of those had been answered with : "No you do not need to be a company..." and "we will make it as easy as possible for you to sign up" and "we support freeware".

Stephanie :

I consider it downright rude to take a month to reply to a signup for which you - Orange - should show more interest than me the developer. I do further not appreciate that you ask a developer for his company brochure when said developer can not develop software while you are making the process difficult by asking questions like this. Or do you want a blank brochure - one without the products that we can not produce because you have hindered development for the Smartphone OS by creating certification and requiring signups like this.

If you do not wish for the development to happen then just say so. Do you want to allow us developers to spend our money and time to support a phone that you - Orange - are trying to market and sell ? Or don't you ?

Maybe you should discuss this with developers at Orange. The questions you are asking are unfair and targetted only at people you can make money out off - not at people that want to spent their own time and money to support you without much payback.

I suggest you review your questions. Please note that a reference to this will appear in the MS Newsgroups aswell as on this forum for everyone to see how Orange is treating the developer signups for the registration that was discussed previously.

i havent heard anything either, but hey at least we're not sitting on finished programs waiting for Orange to get off ther @ss like the guy behind Motocross stunt racer and Bust'em, im sure you've read the article on smartgamer.org

Very well put Cent

Guest Zorglub

Nothing for me either. I have heard that some US companies are gonna launch Smartphones real soon now. Let's hope they keep them unlocked so that the software offering can flourish. I've got my app almost finished and nowhere to test it!

Guest Shuflie

This is what I got back from the developer forum when I asked if it was possible for private individuals to join the forum,

I regret that currently the Orange Developers Forum only accepts membership

applications from Registered Companies. However we are looking to expand

membership to private individuals very soon. We will keep your details on file

and contact you when we are able to extend our membership criteria

Kind regards,

Orange Developers Forum

So there may be a very small light at the end of a very long tunnel.