MPX has arrived

Guest Kenny-Craig

Guest Kenny-Craig
Bought unconnected I take it? How much did that little devil set you back?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be telling, not used it yet as it is still charging but I have high hopes that it will be as good as my MPX220.

:D

Guest stevem999
...where'd you get it from??? Me fancy a play...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't get too excited! Kenny was teasing everyone a couple of weeks ago with his new MPX220 (greedy or what?? 8) )

It won't be available from anywhere mere mortals can get it from, Kenny says he gets them direct from the man'f because he's such a long standing customer. Booo.

By the way the MPX220 has been postponed in the UK until Q2 2005 if anyone's interested - straight from Moto's mouth this morning. :D

Guest TigerNet
Don't get too excited! Kenny was teasing everyone a couple of weeks ago with his new MPX220 (greedy or what??  )

It won't be available from anywhere mere mortals can get it from, Kenny says he gets them direct from the man'f because he's such a long standing customer. Booo

:cry:

Guest Kenny-Craig
Don't get too excited! Kenny was teasing everyone a couple of weeks ago with his new MPX220 (greedy or what?? 8) )

It won't be available from anywhere mere mortals can get it from, Kenny says he gets them direct from the man'f because he's such a long standing customer. Booo.

By the way the MPX220 has been postponed in the UK until Q2 2005 if anyone's interested - straight from Moto's mouth this morning.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah thanks for answering the question on my behalf, you fancy doing my expenses and tax returns too?

'Kin ell'

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=MPX300

How much!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW , now thats's a price tag . So ,2Q 2005 for this and it only has 32 mb of Mem . Oh Moto, great idea , great product ,just a bit late !!!!!! Its pratically outdated before it's released. :cry:

Think I'll stick with my Jam and wait for the 2005 Windows releases with 3G support. Keep an eye on HTC ... They're bound to improve on the Jam.

Guest Kenny-Craig
WOW , now thats's a price tag . So ,2Q 2005 for this and it only has 32 mb of Mem . Oh Moto, great idea , great product ,just a bit late !!!!!!  Its pratically outdated before it's released.  :cry:

Think I'll stick with my Jam and wait for the 2005 Windows releases with 3G support. Keep an eye on HTC ...  They're bound to improve on the Jam.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that price is a shocker, glad I have my gold customer status cos I wouldn't have paid that price for any phone, unless it had been superglued to kylie. :lol:

Guest hunyango_uk

oooooooooooh.............

think i'll pass on this one.

the hell with mpx, 195mhz processor, 32mb memory. booooooooo

don't be deceived by the looks, try to look under the hood. hehehehehehehe

my c500 is much faster i think, i think there is no wifi too on mpx.

Edited by hunyango_uk

oooooooooooh.............

think i'll pass on this one.

the hell with mpx, 195mhz processor, 32mb memory. booooooooo

don't be deceived by the looks, try to look under the hood. hehehehehehehe

my c500 is much faster i think, i think there is no wifi too on mpx.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The mpx has got wifi.

People on HoFo have been overclocking it and updating to the latest rom with good results.

I agree its a poor spec but its a killer form factor. Its a shame that it will be eclipsed by the time ithat it is released on UK networks.

Guest Pondrew
The 32MB of memory should be alright.  If you need more space, you can get an SD card for not too much money.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not what I've heard. Pocket PCs should not have less then 64mb and even that is low.

Guest Chaser81

Ah but man... You gotta admit, even though you know you would have problems with it cause of the spec, you just WANT one! Its like seeing a beautiful woman who you know is just going to be a nightmare in the morning but you just cant help it....!

Guest awarner [MVP]

A year ago when we saw the MPX at the London meet it was a must have on my list, but with phone specs and ppc specs as they are now it's going to take a lot of convicing to persuade me this is not a dead duck.

Guest spvdk

I agree 100% with awarner. It was so amazing back then that I was willing to pay anything for it. Now I have a HTC Magician that's twice everything the MPx is, except the size. Would love the keyboard, but the rest of the device is too much of a downgrade to be interesting.

The MPx window has been here and passed - Motorola missed the oppertunity.