MPx220 Mini SD problems

Guest markdotpeters5

Guest markdotpeters5

Basically, running anything from the mini-sd card is very slow indeed.

So much so, that a small mpeg video that my c500 runs quite happily at 25fps comes out at 2.7fps!

I've proved that it's the memory card issue by running the same video from the phone memory and it's fine.

Have formatted the original memory card, and tried another (different make), still same problem.

Have scoured other forums etc and found nothing. Anyone heard of this before / got any ideas please?

Guest SJ@MPx-220

Same here :cry:

Applications installed in the card will mostly have blank icons after rebooting the phone. Most of the time, they can only be accessed after cliking the icons several times.

At first I thought it was the card problem, in fact, I've just exchanged my card because its content was corrupted.

Unfortunately, the new card was also corrupted during installation process.

So either the card was problematic (SanDisk) or the MPx-220 slot was the culprit :D

-SJ

just got my pqi mini sd.

pgi 512 works great. 3 sandisk 256 i have tried worked like ***. between my friend and my mpx220 phone.

exchanging my sandisk 256 right from sandisk.

let you know how it works when i get the new one again.....

very well can be a bad batch of minisds...

call sandisk...

Guest wingland

same problem here, and even worser. My MPX220 corrupted my Sandisk 256MB card a few times already. I had exchanged a new phone with Motto. My new MPX220 is a bit better but it still having the following problem:

1) very slow when playing songs or reading information on the mini-SD card

2) some songs will sometime be skipped in the middle during playback

3) Corrupted my sandisk card

4) very poor talk qaulity. I could listen to the other party clearly, but many times the other parties couldn't even here anything from me (both from the hands-free and the phone itself), they told me that they could only hear loud noise.

The old phone even couldn't regonize a card is inserted into it during 9 out of 10 boot up. Those motto people couldn't help me to solve these problems, although they are nice. They told me it is natural when the phone has to read a "large" file on the memory card, but my MIO8380 doesn't have any of the above problem. It is so disgusting. I had been waiting for this phone for so long, and it is not a cheap phone, but it disappointed me so much. :oops: :oops: :oops: I thought it is a hardware problem.

Guest markdotpeters5

it most certainly isnt natural. The c500 will handle movies at 200mb+

What firmware versions do you guys have? (I know my problem isnt the mini sd card, as it works perfectly on the C500)

firmware .342

my phone works great with the pqi mini sd.

movies, games, apps, music run great. the card is loaded.

as in the case of ram some sticks work in some MB but not others.

even if the speed and size are correct.

can all be a brandname problem.

buy a diff make. cant hurt to have more memory.

if it still runs like crap time to get a diff phone

Guest SJ@MPx-220
im going to buy a mpx220 because im trading my smt5600 in im not sure i want to with all these problems :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey..no worry, man. It's a great phone :D

The camera is good as well. My only gripe about the phone is the weak battery. It only lasts 1.5 day for me.

I tried the Xphone II prior to MPx220. I really like the Xphone size and design. However, I decided to go with MPx220 mainly because I don't like the navigation stick of Xphone II. Secondly, I also feel that MPx220 is faster :P

OK, I just returned my Sandisk MiniSD and buy a new Transcend 512 MB miniSD (45x Speed) in exchange. Now the phone works like a charm. No more nagging issues with the speed. Video playback with Beta Player is excellent. I tried a 60 MB video clip with no skipping whatsoever.

The bottom line is I'm happy that the phone is OK. It's the card that malfunctions :D

-SJ

Guest markdotpeters5

Oh, man! now I'm not sure what to do. If I buy a transcend card, and it fixes the problem i'll be very chuffed indeed, but I don't really want to have to send it back if it doesn't!

Oh well, no omelettes without breaking eggs I suppose...

Guest organic
Oh, man! now I'm not sure what to do. If I buy a transcend card, and it fixes the problem i'll be very chuffed indeed, but I don't really want to have to send it back if it doesn't!

Oh well, no omelettes without breaking eggs I suppose...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I should tell you guys that I used to have f/w 0.326 and it would work great. I could load files off the MiniSD without any problems, I could use it for ringtones, etc. etc.

I just upgraded to 1.30 from the motorola website, and ever since then, I've had nothing but headaches dealing with the MiniSD card. First, it wouldn't recognize the files unless I did a few refreshes. Second, when I tried copying a wav file to it through activesync, all sorts of weird files of varying sizes were created on the card. I managed to remove them by running scandisk on it, but now, my phone thinks that the card is full - all 256 megabytes, although it was only 70% full before.

There is something DEFINITELY wrong with f/w 1.30 and its ability to handle the MiniSD card. I did not have any of those problems on f/w 0.326, as a matter of fact, it was working flawlessly.

I applaud Motorola's decision to make f/w available to everyone, but they need to keep that trend going and find a quick fix to the MiniSD problem because I would have been better off not upgrading at this point.

I thought I should warn everyone about this before they run off and upgrade; the old axiom that "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" is definitely one to live by.

Guest cheez80

my mpx220 would load mp3 + video ok (i had a roughly 350mb episode of bbc top gear on a pqi 512mb minisd card), but it wouldn't load the icons to installed programs until after maybe a few uses of the program.

hmm.

but i returned the 512mb, and i'm now looking for a 1gb minisd card. anybody willing to sell me one? =D

Guest arogntbastrd
Well, 512MB is a bit short for divx movie. Anyone know when will 1GB miniSD will release to the market?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

off topic yes, but hey, it happens. 512 would be short if it were on your computer. but when you put a movie on your phone you resize it to make it small and cut back the audio quality (generally). i want to say that dvd to smartphone converts an hour and 40 minutes to 128 kb. but yes, off topic. if you want to keep talking about movies and size recommendations for sd cards i say someone starts a new thread. (using 512 myself)