MDA COMPACT - Free on T Mobile (UK) now!

Guest TonyLondon

Guest TonyLondon

I've just found out that the Jam is now freeeeeee if you get a T Mobile contract in the UK!!

It's called the MDA Compact and the best deals I've seen are on Scancom:

http://www.scancom.co.uk/product.php/84/1/

You even get half price line rental for the first three months.

I'm so glad I waited a while! Pity it's T Mobile and not a better network, that's the only downside.

Edited by TonyLondon

Guest Perfectionist

I'm gonna wait for Carphone Warehouse to get stock in and get them to price match these guys ..... if anything goes wrong with the phone CW are a lot more helpful than any internet dealer !

Guest TonyLondon
I'm gonna wait for Carphone Warehouse to get stock in and get them to price match these guys ..... if anything goes wrong with the phone CW are a lot more helpful than any internet dealer !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't realise that Carphone Warehouse price matched internet dealers. Is that really the case? If so I'll wait too.

Guest philgriffiths

They dont quite match internet dealers. Taken ffom the carphone warehouse webiste:

"By monitoring our prices daily, The Carphone Warehouse guarantees you we won't be beaten on price in the UK on handsets, PDA's, home phones and branded mobile phone accessories. However, if you find the same product and where applicable, on the same network & tariff, cheaper and in stock anywhere else, call our sales team on 0808 100 9250 and we will match the price up to a maximum of £50."

Guest inspectorgadjet

That just seems too good to be true. If you get the MDA compact on the Relax 100 12 month contract, you get the compact for free, and then pay £23 per month, with 3 months half price. That means the total price you pay for the MDA Compact is £241.50. A real bargain. I just might have to spend another £23 a month to have one.

Guest TonyLondon
That just seems too good to be true. If you get the MDA compact on the Relax 100 12 month contract, you get the compact for free, and then pay £23 per month, with 3 months half price. That means the total price you pay for the MDA Compact is £241.50. A real bargain. I just might have to spend another £23 a month to have one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definitely a bargain.

I've read elsewhere that Orange will be releasing their version this month too, so I wonder what deals they will come up with?

I spoke to O2 a week ago and they seemed unsure as to whether they'd be releasing the XDA 2-mini (their version of the Jam) in the UK or not, although I'm sure they will. They'd be crazy not to.

I think I'm right in saying that T Mobile do the least customisation on handsets, so maybe they are best to go with, it's just a shame about the slightly poorer coverage.

Guest TonyLondon
@TonyLondon...I guess you don't need to come and have a look at my Jam any more then...

Cheers

Nick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was just thinking about that Nick!

I'd still like to see your handset ideally as I haven't yet looked at one. I'm just a bit tied up with things at the moment but I'll drop you an email either way.

Thanks again.

Tony

Guest inspectorgadjet

Well, I've definitely confirmed that I'm overly obsessed with gadgets now. Having just got myself the MDA III, I thought I could be strong and resist the urge to have the MDA Compact too. But I couldn't stop myself...I had to order it. I managed to order the phone for free on the Relax 100 12 month contract. They said I would know later today if and when it will be shipped.

It seems like I might have been one of the lucky last few to get it free on the 100 minute plan, as I went back to the site 5 minutes later and it was now £20 + vat on the 100 minute plan. SCORE! Basically, it means I get the compact for £241.50 total including my year's worth of line rental. That beats getting the phone sim free for around £360-£400 for sure.

AND I spoke to T-mobile customer services yesterday regarding having my MDA III network unlocked, and they will do it for £15 after your first month. So I'm more than happy with that.

Now I just have to stop myself from buying any more phones. I have way too many for my own good!!!

Guest TonyLondon

Oh no, the prices on Scancom are starting to rise! (Don't panic Mr Mannering). :?:

Does anyone know if it's possible to number port on Scancom? There's no mention of it on their website.

Tony

Guest inspectorgadjet

Number porting isn't up to Scancom.

What they do is call you up after you fill in a basic order form to take the rest of the details. I am sure you will be asked then if you intend to port a number.

HOWEVER, even if they don't ask, all you need to do is get your PAC code, and phone up T-Mobile or Orange at any time during your contract and give them the PAC code. They will port the number in for you. It doesn't have to be done immediately when you purchase.

Guest jharvey00
I've read elsewhere that Orange will be releasing their version this month too, so I wonder what deals they will come up with?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mind if I ask where did you hear this? Might save me some problems trying to get an M2000? :D

Guest TonyLondon
Mind if I ask where did you hear this? Might save me some problems trying to get an M2000?  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was mentioned on the uk.telecom.mobile newsgroup by someone who said he'd enquired with Orange. Please don't take it as gospel though.

Reading the other thread on here regarding Orange it looks likely that its launch will be imminent however. If Orange have gone to the trouble of tweaking the exterior they must be serious about selling it.

Guest Pondrew

Anyone got confirmation of stock/shipping? Seems a little too good to be true given T-Mobile still list it as coming soon.

Oh, and the price is now £20 a month on 12m Relax 100...

Guest yogi_bear

Just to Let you all know I pre order with this company in december. They had their first delivery on monday I had 2 shipped on tuesday recieved on wednesday 2 lovely new MDA's.

I had 1 on relax 100 for free and the other on off peak 500 also for free.

I think prices are starting to rise so be quick.

Guest Perfectionist

Phones get cheaper with time NOT more expensive !

Scancom are obviously making the most of their early supply !

I'm gonna wait a few more weeks until a couple of the networks "officially" launch the handset - seeing as the MDA 3 can be had for just £24.99 on the same tarrif and the MDA Compact is about £100-£125 cheaper.... hopefully I'll be able to get one free with a 1gb SD card and acessories thrown in :D

Plus I hate being a beta-tester !! T-mobile better have the latest ROM upgrades etc. already installed and any problems ironed out or I'm gonna kick some ass :evil:

Good things come to those who wait 8)

Guest mrkipling

Thanks TonyLondon for the heads up on this,

ordered at 4:30pm yesterday evening, turned up royal mail special delivery at 8.00 this morning as the guy at scancom promised, £20 for handset on relax100 tarrif.

Anyone know how long a number transfer should take between orange and T-mobile ?

Bye bye E200, we had some good times ................

Guest inspectorgadjet

I didn't get mine this morning. There was a slight mix up with the order (someone else had phoned in to cancel an order and managed to cancel mine instead...bstrd!) and it will be shipped out today instead.

I did confirm with the sales team that it is definitely the T-Mobile branded model and not the I-Mate branded version. They also confirmed that it is network locked to T-Mobile. But this can be unlocked by T-Mobile directly for a fee of £15 after having a contract for 1 month.