Email problems with MDAIII on T-mobile in the UK

Guest Kieron555

Guest Kieron555

I have just bought a T-Mobile MDAIII and am having problems sending and receiving email. Basically I have a Wanadoo email account and have entered the pop3 and smtp settings as well as my username and password. The only thing I haven't entered is the domain as Wanadoo have told me I need to leave this blank.

Anyway I can browse the web using the GPRS connection fine, but when I try to send and receive emails I just get a message saying "connecting" then it does nothing. I've waited for 15 minutes and still nothing, there is definitely a problem.

I have spoke to T-Mobile and they have said that as long as the GPRS is working (which it is) then they can't offer me any further support. I have also spoke to Wanadoo and they have told me that all the settings are correct and they have no idea why it isn't working!

Can anyone please help?

Cheers!

Kieron

Guest ventmore
I have just bought a T-Mobile MDAIII and am having problems sending and receiving email. Basically I have a Wanadoo email account and have entered the pop3 and smtp settings as well as my username and password. The only thing I haven't entered is the domain as Wanadoo have told me I need to leave this blank.

Anyway I can browse the web using the GPRS connection fine, but when I try to send and receive emails I just get a message saying "connecting" then it does nothing. I've waited for 15 minutes and still nothing, there is definitely a problem.

I have spoke to T-Mobile and they have said that as long as the GPRS is working (which it is) then they can't offer me any further support. I have also spoke to Wanadoo and they have told me that all the settings are correct and they have no idea why it isn't working!

Can anyone please help?

Cheers!

Kieron

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check out this thread where I had the same problem on my M2000...after using the hack, I have had no further problems.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=197965&hl=

HTH

Ventmore

Edited by ventmore

Guest Kieron555

Thanks mate that worked a treat. However I can receive emails OK but when it comes to sending them, they bounce straight back saying "the following recipients are invalid".

Does anyone else have this problem with T Mobile in the UK?

Thanks,

Kieron

Check out this thread where I had the same problem on my M2000...after using the hack, I have had no further problems.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=197965&hl=

HTH

Ventmore

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest ventmore
Thanks mate that worked a treat. However I can receive emails OK but when it comes to sending them, they bounce straight back saying "the following recipients are invalid".

Does anyone else have this problem with T Mobile in the UK?

Thanks,

Kieron

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No probs mate.

You can either use T-Mobiles outgoing SMTP server, or try leaving it as it is, but, edit the account settings, and under options, tick the box that says "Outgoing email server requires authentication"...should work then. If not, then you will just have to use t-mobiles server.

Cheers

Ventmore

Edited by ventmore