outlook email - how to get rid of

Guest pupton

Hi all

Got myself an M2000. Not bad....

Had problems with my profile on my desktop pc this morning so I killed the profile. logged in again and set up a new partnership between my pc and the m2000.

Now I have an outlook email section in messaging that contains my emails upto the point my profile died. If I try to resync nothing happens and the outlook email section stays there...

How can I get rid of it?

Pupton

Guest dazza12

From Activesync, you need to delete the old partnership (File ... Delete Partnership). Possibly the 2nd one you created as well.

Then re-sync, let it set up as a partnership under the old name. You should then be able to sync the Outlook email again.

I've not actually tested this with the M2000, but with the SPV E200 and my old iPAQ 3630 it worked a treat.

From Activesync, you need to delete the old partnership (File ... Delete Partnership). Possibly the 2nd one you created as well.

Then re-sync, let it set up as a partnership under the old name. You should then be able to sync the Outlook email again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Done that. Didnt help.... Thanks for your reply though.

Guest dazza12

I've just re-read your original post - you had a corrupted profile on your PC. Sorry, originally read it as corruption on the M2000.

As far as I can remember, there is no easy way to remove email from Pocket Outlook without altering registry keys on the phone and then deleting a file. I think this method ends up corrupting files on the M2000 anyway. I could be wrong of course, as this was a method I tried on an iPAQ 3630 many years ago.

I think you are probably looking at a hard reset on the M2000, deleting the partnerships on the PC and then re-syncing and setting everything up from scratch again. Unfortunately this is going to remove everything, including SMS's, as there is no easy way to back these up. Backup and xBackup will either back everything up or just Contacts and Appointments (and My Documents in the case of Backup). You can't restore selected files from the full backup.

I'm assuming that the profile corruption on the PC occurred when copying the profile back when logging off. Is your Outlook email file in My Documents? If you keep it in the default location, or alternatively specify a separate fixed location on your hard drive you won't corrupt this - Outlook files are very easily corrupted if copied. I lost several weeks of email when a hub died and corrupted my profile when copying back to a server so I learnt the hard way how delicate they are.

Edited by dazza12