Dead pixel on MDA Compact

Guest mrkipling

Guest mrkipling

Got a dead Pixel on my MDA Compact (might actually be two next to each other as seems quite large for one ).

Does anyone know what T-mobiles policy is on phones with dead pixels.

I am assuming they would not replace it for such a minor defect ? has anyone else got any dead pixels on their Jams/MDA compacts etc ?

Guest LadFromWales85

I noticed that I have a very hard to see blue one at the bottom of my screen, about 2mm up. It appears to still function, in that if anything else is on the screen another colour, it shows that colour. Either that or the pixels are so small that I cant see it when anything that isnt black isnt there.

Either way, mine doesnt bother me, since I dont even see it when watching video etc. I actually noticed it for the first time on the flux challenge loading screen. Ah well :-)

Guest inspectorgadjet

I had a dead pixel on my MDA Compact. I got the MDA Compact on Saturday. I have sent it in for an exchange which I should have in a couple of days.

Guest jharvey00
Got a dead Pixel on my MDA Compact (might actually be two next to each other as seems quite large for one ).

Does anyone know what T-mobiles policy is on phones with dead pixels.

I am assuming they would not replace it for such a minor defect ? has anyone else got any dead pixels on their Jams/MDA compacts etc ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had the same problem with my E200 last year. I took it to my orange shop and argued with a sales rep about it. He refused to change it so I told him I was still within my 14-day cooling off period of the contract and I legally had the right to cancel the contract, then start a new one on the spot thus giving me a nice new E200 minus the dead pixels! He couldn't be bothered to do the paper work and simply gave me an exchange. 8)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mike-oh

Well my intermediate dead pixel is more fixed than not nowadays (touch wood). I fixed it by applying light pressure with the stylus, kinda brushing and spiraling over the pixel.

Try it!

(NB: my pixel isn't entirely dead, it flickers red)

Guest tupisdin

I have 4 LCD displays for HTC Magician (dopod 818,qtek s100, i-mate jam, mda compact)

They are not cheap but if you want you can e-mail me:[email protected]

or PM.

Well my intermediate dead pixel is more fixed than not nowadays (touch wood). I fixed it by applying light pressure with the stylus, kinda brushing and spiraling over the pixel.

Try it!

(NB: my pixel isn't entirely dead, it flickers red)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest MitchellO

I have a dead pixel and at the moment it flickers green. can't see on white, but on games and videos it is really annoying . i tried to get it replaced but was told o2 they accept 3 pixels dead!?! its such a shame, other than this, the xda mini has been perfect. i am posting this from it.

Guest mike-oh
I have a dead pixel and at the moment it flickers green. can't see on white, but on games and videos it is really annoying . i tried to get it replaced but was told o2 they accept 3 pixels dead!?! its such a shame, other than this, the xda mini has been perfect. i am posting this from it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you tried carresing the pixel with the stylus?! it may need a little pressure, but be sensible! don't blame me if you knacker your screen!

It worked fine for me however!

Guest MitchellO

This thing is weird!! When I got it, the pixel was a steady green all the time (unnoticable on white and similar colours), yesterday it was flickering, and today it is either dead (ie. completely off, no colour) or is working properly!!?? It is really weird. I just hope it stays this way. The company I bought it from won't return it (after all the deliberations i am out of the return period :evil: ) or exchange it (because the unit is "fine"). So I am just crossing my fingers. I love this thing. Its soooo good.

Guest MitchellO

yep. Didn't fix it. It still flickers. I am hopefully getting a swap today. I am not sure why, but i can't just swap the unit, but i have to swap the whole package.

Guest MitchellO

Well, they have sent my device the the supplier to see if i "qualify" for a replacement. I bet i have wasted my time. I am stuck without my PDA, and using a cr4py Nokia 8850 that doesn't work properly.

These are the uses I miss out on without my XDA II Mini:

--------------------------------------------

Wireless Email (WiFi and GPRS)

MSN Messenger (WiFi and GPRS)

Internet (WiFi and GPRS)

Avantgo

PIM

Music

Video

Reading

Good Phone

"Cool" Factor :D

--------------------------------------------

;) :D :D :( :D :( :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MitchellO

Great News!!! The place I purchased my XDA II Mini from finally decided to replace my device with a brand new one!! The new one it great!!