Apacer 1GB SD card

Guest Kveldulv

Guest Kveldulv

Hello all.

I have an (Orange) SPV E200 with 2.7.5.1 rom. No problems so far, everything works great with the 8mb sd card that was included. But last weekend I bought this Apacer 1GB SD card. The one on the bottom of this site: http://www.apacer.com/apacer_english/product_html/sd.asp

First I formatted it with a cardreader as FAT and filled it up with mp3's (all in separate directories, I'm aware of the FAT limitation). At first the E200 reads the card and can play the mp3's but then all of a sudden it stops. The content of the card is shown as empty. If I remove the card and put it back in it works again. The weird thing is that after 2 times or so it continues working without problems.

I already tried formatting as FAT32 but no difference.

Writing on the card with the E200 (with ActiveSync) also seems to be a problem. Sometimes it works and then it stops after a couple of files saying that I should check write rights and check if the card is not full, something like that.

I read through this forum and didn't find anything that could help me so far. On other sites I found that Apacer SD cards are compatible, but for smaller sizes. 1GB wasn't mentioned.

Maybe it's a problem with double/single layer? I read somewhere that smaller Apacer cards have single layer. I'm not sure about the 1GB one...

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Should I send the card back and look for a Sandisk one? The 1GB ones are listed as compatible.

Guest losteagle

I use a Transcend 45X 1GB SD Card on my E200 without problems .... sorry I have no information about your card. :lol:

Hello all.

I have an (Orange) SPV E200 with 2.7.5.1 rom. No problems so far, everything works great with the 8mb sd card that was included. But last weekend I bought this Apacer 1GB SD card. The one on the bottom of this site: http://www.apacer.com/apacer_english/product_html/sd.asp

First I formatted it with a cardreader as FAT and filled it up with mp3's (all in separate directories, I'm aware of the FAT limitation). At first the E200 reads the card and can play the mp3's but then all of a sudden it stops. The content of the card is shown as empty. If I remove the card and put it back in it works again. The weird thing is that after 2 times or so it continues working without problems.

I already tried formatting as FAT32 but no difference.

Writing on the card with the E200 (with ActiveSync) also seems to be a problem. Sometimes it works and then it stops after a couple of files saying that I should check write rights and check if the card is not full, something like that.

I read through this forum and didn't find anything that could help me so far. On other sites I found that Apacer SD cards are compatible, but for smaller sizes. 1GB wasn't mentioned.

Maybe it's a problem with double/single layer? I read somewhere that smaller Apacer cards have single layer. I'm not sure about the 1GB one...

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Should I send the card back and look for a Sandisk one? The 1GB ones are listed as compatible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest deBruineBeren

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same problem here, but not with Active Sync but with a card reader.

When I try to copy big TomTom Mobile files to the card.

Windows will show an empty window.

I have to unplug the USB card reader to make it work again.

No problems reading the card in my Qtek 8080.

Guest blade001

Well, I don't think it has aything to do with the layer of the card. If the card has dual layer then the phone simply won't write anything at all on it. It seems to me it might be the card itself. If it's me I would try sending it back and settle with a 512 or 256 mb card or ask for the refund if the policy let me to claim my money back.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SKOOBICE

Get yourself SD or MMC cards made by Kingmax as these work perfectly on every smartphone I have owned!!!! SPV E200 (SD & MMC), NOKIA 3650, 6600 (MMC) !!!

Edited by SKOOBICE