23 replies to this topic

fraser

fraser

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hermes
Set it up to forward a random high numbered port to port 5900 on the PC running VNC server. The random port is to "hide" it from hackers who routinely scan known port numbers for "interesting" systems. Anything higher than 30,000 up to 65000 is fine.

Try connecting over GPRS, it should work as a test to make sure it's working OK. Might even be usable, not tried it yet.

Be wary though, VNC is not encrypted (neither is remote desktop). So try to avoid entering passwords etc. There are groups building encrypting into VNC at the moment though! :-)

Wozbacca

Wozbacca

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
i dont want to mess around with my wifi settings just to active sync, so has anyone got it to sync via bluetooth?

deejayry

deejayry

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:E200-M2000
Ok, i've read the guide, and tried changing a few settings but the guide has me confused.

Currently i'm using the wifi connection of my laptop, bridged to the LAN card which in turn connects to my router (netgear fr114p), so far this is the only way i have found of getting internet on my phone via the wifi.

anyone suggest how i can set this up? i've tried everything i can think of

does the setup require static ip? and for me to manually configure everything?

with my current setup my router shows my pocket pc (named "RYANSM2000") in the connected devices list, if i try changin the settings to how the guide suggests the m2000 dissapears from teh list.

Tech

Tech

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Devices:E200 2xC500 SP5m Vario

i dont want to mess around with my wifi settings just to active sync, so has anyone got it to sync via bluetooth?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have :o

http://www.spapps.co.uk

Visit the Spapps UK Forums!!!
Spapps UK Forums [new]
Spapps UK Forums alternative link
^^^ CLICK ME ^^^

Current Projects:

DAR~ling update tba*
WMP Remote** (need new ideas!!)

TV Remote codenamed meetu (postponed)
mini PC Controller codenamed mawk