Keylock

Guest mike-oh

Guest mike-oh

I was out and about with the Jam today and wanted to listen to music. But it quickly dawned on me that i didn't know how to carry the jam in my pocket with it switched on!

So what can i do to lock the keypad/screen. If i turn it off media player stops too! If i leave it on all sorts of things start getting pressed.

Thanks,

Mike

Guest Disco Stu

While you're waiting for a sensible answer, I carry my Jam in my jacket / coat pocket and walk around listening to music and I've never had a problem with random key pressing.

I'm using the silicon case which gives you a few mill more clearance from the screen.

Guest mike-oh

that only locks the buttons when the device is off if i'm not mistaken.

And when the device is off there's no music!

Is this a major oversite or what? or am i missing something?

Guest Kaydcaine
that only locks the buttons when the device is off if i'm not mistaken.

And when the device is off there's no music!

Is this a major oversite or what? or am i missing something?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well i presume you listen music with windows media player

The you go to menu > options > buttons and assign a button to 'Toggle screen'

when u play ur music push the button you assigned 'toggle screen' to and your phone will turn off, but the music will keep on playing (push again to turn it on), easy as that my friend! Have fun with it!

Greetz, Kaydcaine

Guest Disco Stu

I've read that before somewhere :oops:

Thanks Kaydcaine :lol:

(and welcome to the forum !)

EDIT : tried the above procedure and got to the Assign Button stage but the Jam wouldn't accept any of them. Therefore it hung and needed a battery pull :?:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Hmm, i don't see and toggle screen on off on my buttons menu? I'd noticed the same thing yesterday btw, damn annoying. WMP10 on the device is amazing but its just silly trying to use it!

Guest mike-oh

Hmm i don't see a toggle screen button option either?!

**EDIT** oh you mean in the media player options menu. ah i see!

Cheers, for that! (anyone else feel like they need just a couple more buttons?)

Edited by mike-oh

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
(anyone else feel like they need just a couple more buttons?)

Got to love that about the m2000, millions of buttons to customise!

also - am i just being stupid or is there no way to bring up the keypad when you're in WMP play mode?

Guest Disco Stu

Have just got round to reading the Spb Pocket Plus manual - you can download it from their site.

This plugin does an extraordinary amount of amazing things; one of which is giving you the ability to customise the behaviour of the x-button. You can now minimise instead of close and make exceptions to this rule.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

It's actually close instead of minimise, the memory management on PPC is the same as Smartphone :lol: (apps stay open until the memory is needed). I have tap set to minimise as normal and tap and hold to close the app.

Guest spangelsaregreat

Hi,

On a related note, is there any way to prevent the screen from turning on when a text or call is received if the device is turned off and the button lock is on?

I can foresee the phone ringing when it is in my pocket and I can't answer it and then me sitting down could cause an impact on the screen causing it to answer the phone.

Regards

Guest MitchellO

I have found that you can only customise the nav pad in media player. the other buttons will not map to WMP. I have the up mapped to screen off, down to mute, left/right to previous/next and middle to Play/Pause. Works good. Volume is already on the headset (which is of good quality i must say).