T-Mobile ROM

Guest martinwcooper

Guest martinwcooper

Just bought an MDAiii on T-mobile (in the UK). My ROM version looks quite old - can somebody confirm whether this is the latest version, and if not point me to where I can get an update from:

ROM Version: 1.06.00 ENG

ROM date: 08/05/04

Radio version: 1.00.00

Protocol version: 1337.30

ExtROM version: 1.06.117 WWE

Thanks,

Martin.

yes, i would say that is quite old............ did the packaging look old or brand new ??

also, where did you buy it from ??

I have had various devices (PDA2k, M2000, QTEK9090, XDAIIs) and all with later versions than that

my current unit (QTEK 9090) is

ROM 1.22.00WWE

ROM DATE 10/22/04

RADIO 1.06.00

Protocol 1337.38

EXT ROM 1.22.138WWE

BT STack 1.0.0.2400 (still has the out of memory issue !)

Guest inspectorgadjet

When it comes to ROMS from a specific provider, you can not compare the verssions to other providers. On T-mobile, there has not been a ROM update for this device yet.

There is talk of a new version being released in the not too distant future which will include the Blackberry type email push support.

But at the moment, you just have to be patient and wait for T-mobile to get their act into gear.

Guest martinwcooper

OK, thanks guys. It was from the T-mobile shop in Manchester. It looks pretty new - at least, it wasn't mouldy or anything!

Guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for the update. Nothing wrong with it - I'm very pleased - it's just that I like to have the latest ROM for some reason.

Guest Pondrew

inspectorgadjet is right. You've got the same rom versions as I have, and presumably as all the other UK T-Mobile MDA III owners out there. And although the Bluetooth stack may not be all it could be, I've been pretty chuffed with the MDA III experience all the same.

That's not to say we're not eagerly awaiting an update though!

inspectorgadjet is right. You've got the same rom versions as I have, and presumably as all the other UK T-Mobile MDA III owners out there. And although the Bluetooth stack may not be all it could be, I've been pretty chuffed with the MDA III experience all the same.

That's not to say we're not eagerly awaiting an update though!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got an MDA III from directmobilephones a few weeks ago, and am very happy with it, apart from one thing - the DHCP client seems a bit flaky - it fails to assign an IP address a lot of the time from my home router and my work router. Sometimes it will assign an IP address and not a DNS server. It works 90% of the time on hotspot sites though. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I was assuming that it was probably the ROM, so was just waiting for the upgrade.

Guest inspectorgadjet

BTW - If you do some work, and search the forums, you can probably find links to the unofficial bluetooth version '3500' patch and the extra profiles. I would be more helpful and tell you where they are, but I think if people do a little work themselves they can find it. 8)

Guest Pondrew
I got an MDA III from directmobilephones a few weeks ago, and am very happy with it, apart from one thing - the DHCP client seems a bit flaky - it fails to assign an IP address a lot of the time from my home router and my work router. Sometimes it will assign an IP address and not a DNS server. It works 90% of the time on hotspot sites though. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I was assuming that it was probably the ROM, so was just waiting for the upgrade.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have had issues myself and I suspect the router automatically assigning an ip address (or failing to do so) is the cause. I can't blame the MDA as my home wifi network is unreliable and my PC has just as many problems. One thing which often stops my PC accessing Wifi is BitTorrent (the strange thing being BitTorrent will keep working, sending and receiving data, while outlook and IE can no longer access the internet at all!)

BTW - If you do some work, and search the forums, you can probably find links to the unofficial bluetooth version '3500' patch and the extra profiles. I would be more helpful and tell you where they are, but I think if people do a little work themselves they can find it.  8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:

One thing which often stops my PC accessing Wifi is BitTorrent (the strange thing being BitTorrent will keep working, sending and receiving data, while outlook and IE can no longer access the internet at all!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like DNS is broken. DNS turns hostnames into IP addresses, but BitTorrent doesn't use it AFAIK. DNS nameservers are delivered to the client via DHCP, so that could cause it.

Guest Pondrew
Sounds like DNS is broken. DNS turns hostnames into IP addresses, but BitTorrent doesn't use it AFAIK. DNS nameservers are delivered to the client via DHCP, so that could cause it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers for the advice. I'll have a word with my bro who is unofficial IT support for our house network!