MadBeetle Announce Animated Homescreen Plugin

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest madbeetle
good work on this!

I've noticed that when you unlock the keypad the animation doesn't start until the next key press...is that by design?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its a side effect of not letting the anim play because the keypad is locked. i.e. you don't know its unlocked until it is, and by then your not pressing any keys. There proberely is a work around, but I decided the effort wasn't worth the gain.

Guest Smartphone XP

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the animated homescreen plugin a few times on my Audiovox SMT5600, and am still not getting animated homescreens. It simply shows the first frame of the demon or river, with no animation. I've installed the plugin using both the EXE installer and the CAB, with the same results. Any ideas?

this is really nice... just been playing and have got a really simple matrix animation working now :lol:

if you want to see it just download this zip and replace the files (keep backups) in 'Storage/Application Data/Home' and do a re-boot..

sorry for the simple manual format :(

EDIT: you need to install the 'river' one first...

simple_matrix_files.zip

Guest agent.m

nice one. got the matrix running. looks quit good! pity about the demo bit but i can wait for the signing. would like to have a go but how do you get .ani files??? can you rename .gif???

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the animated homescreen plugin a few times on my Audiovox SMT5600, and am still not getting animated homescreens.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I installed both cab files to the phone memory had no problems with the animation.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the animated homescreen plugin a few times on my Audiovox SMT5600, and am still not getting animated homescreens.  It simply shows the first frame of the demon or river, with no animation.  I've installed the plugin using both the EXE installer and the CAB, with the same results.  Any ideas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had trouble seeing the animations on my MPx220. I figured it would be a backlight issue. Yep, it was. Make sure your backlight is not set on "never". Setting it on 60 sec works fine.

Hope this helps :shock:

Guest mavisdavis

I still cant get this to bloody work on my c500 yet on my E200 it went on straight away.

I think I may have installed the river homescreen 1st then installed the plugin so my Question is this - Does the installation leave any files anywhere when you uninstall it that will know th plugin wasn't installed 1st?

I done a browse but not found any. I've looked everwhere trust me

Guest madbeetle
this is really nice... just been playing and have got a really simple matrix animation working now :lol:

if you want to see it just download this zip and replace the files (keep backups) in 'Storage/Application Data/Home' and do a re-boot..

sorry for the simple manual format :(

EDIT: you need to install the 'river' one first...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Signing is free, send the files to [email protected] and I'll sign and return the ani to you to get rid of the DEMO.

Guest Smartphone XP

Okay, I guess you can chalk it up to user error. I had set my Backlight time out to Never, which basically prevented it from animating. I figured that since the Backlight was on, it should animate until the Display time out, but looks like that is not the case.

Thanks...

I had trouble seeing the animations on my MPx220. I figured it would be a backlight issue. Yep, it was. Make sure your backlight is not set on "never". Setting it on 60 sec works fine.

Hope this helps :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest madbeetle
I still cant get this to bloody work on my c500 yet on my E200 it went on straight away.

I think I may have installed the river homescreen 1st then installed the plugin so my Question is this - Does the installation leave any files anywhere when you uninstall it that will know th plugin wasn't installed 1st?

I done a browse but not found any. I've looked everwhere trust me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No files should be left after unistalling, unless the plugin was inuse at the time. Its best to change the homescreen to something else, switch off and on again, then uninstall.

Im not sure why your having trouble - whats you backlight timeout set to, as someones rightly spotted it does'nt work if its set to never. I'll address this and release a fix ASAP. Set to say 60 seconds and hopefully that'll work.

Guest mavisdavis

:lol: :( :D :D FINALLY it was the backlight setting after all :D Phew I thought I'd gone mad for a bit then :D

Edit >

Doh you beat me to the answer :oops:

Edited by mavisdavis

Guest madbeetle
:lol:  :(  :D  :D  FINALLY it was the backlight setting after all :D  Phew I thought I'd gone mad for a bit then :D

Edit >

Doh you beat me to the answer  :oops:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, yes its the backlight. It doesn't work if its set the NEVER. I've fixed it ! But I'll test it for a day before releasing a new version. What I've done is :-

It will timeout on the smallest value between the backlight and the display timeout. If there is no smallest i.e. they are both set to NEVER it will default to 2 minutes.

If that works I'll release the fixed version tomorrow night.

Guest mavisdavis
OK, yes its the backlight. It doesn't work if its set the NEVER. I've fixed it ! But I'll test it for a day before releasing a new version. What I've done is :-

It will timeout on the smallest value between the backlight and the display timeout. If there is no smallest i.e. they are both set to NEVER it will default to 2 minutes.

If that works I'll release the fixed version tomorrow night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool just playing with tha anim app. It looks good and is easier than it looks. :lol:

Have my avater on ya homescreen soon :(

EDIT>

Right Ive sent off my screen ani file and xml created in Ruttenofs hmeceen designer. Need a little help but Ive got idea of it

Edited by mavisdavis

The plugin will only work on Windows 2003 SE phones -

C500, SP3i, SMT5600, MPX220 etc ..

as its these phones that have the ability to detected the backlight going out.

Darn! :exclaim: left out again! :( need to buy a newer phone but 2003 units are not available yet here in our country.

is there a chance a 2002 version be created even without the backlight detection support. just to impress nokia users with a moving wallpaper. hehehe :lol:

Edited by zoegod

Guest coyspiracy
Darn! :exclaim:  left out again! :(  need to buy a newer phone but 2003 units are not available yet here in our country.

is there a chance a 2002 version be created even without the backlight detection support. just to impress nokia users with a moving wallpaper. hehehe :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what about e200?. isnt that runnin' 2003?.

Guest KingDaddy

Do you need the entire homescreen for signing, or just the ANI file?

*EDIT* Guess I should have just read the FAQ!

Edited by KingDaddy

Guest madbeetle

Just the ani file needs signing - but please read

http://www.madbeetle.com/mbanimplughelp.html

New version of the plugin is now available. It fixes the NEVER setting for the backlight. It now uses the smaller value of between the backlight timeout or the display. If both are never, it'll be 60 seconds.

http://www.madbeetle.com/Homescreen.html

and it works on 2003 (not just seconds edition). Sorry no 2002 support.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.