Maybe a slight problem

Guest trevormuk

Guest trevormuk

Just opened the box of my new MDA. Switched it on and the green and red "telephone" buttons are illuminated. On the green telephone button there is a tiny green dot just above the green telephone... is it supposed to be there, or has the factory paint robot done a boj job??

Can someone check theirs please, and report if the tiny green dot is supposed to be there....

Many thanks

T

Guest mjheathcote
Just opened the box of my new MDA. Switched it on and the green and red "telephone" buttons are illuminated. On the green telephone button there is a tiny green dot just above the green telephone... is it supposed to be there, or has the factory paint robot done a boj job??

Can someone check theirs please, and report if the tiny green dot is supposed to be there....

Many thanks

T

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry no green dot only the laser cut phone symbol.

Mike.

Guest trevormuk

Thanks m8 .... looks mine has a very slight fault.... but do I send it back for a tiny pixel of paint!! ??

If I take it to a T-Mobile shop do you think they would exchange it?

Cheers

Guest trevormuk

Thanks for the replis.

I am going to leave it as it is....

Anyone got the silicon jacket protector ? is it more discreet/better than one of the leather/aluminium options??

Cheers

Anyone got the silicon jacket protector ? is it more discreet/better than one of the leather/aluminium options??

On the up side, it looks good, adds little to the size, doesn't hinder any of the functions (the covered over D-Pad and side buttons still work well), and provides a high friction grip so you're unlikely to drop it or have it slide off your dashboard - or have it lifted from your pocket without you noticing.

The down side is that it's a complete dust/grit/hair/crumb/fluff magnet. Put it down on any surface outside of a clean room or operating theatre and you'll take their detritus with you. You could almost use it as a miniature Dust Bug. Put it in your pocket, and it'll bring out all the fluff and sand you've had in there since last summer.

I ended up constantly taking it off and washing it, which, with it's texture to start with, has too many similarities to a re-usable condom than I care to mention.

More seriously, apart from the repulsive feel, that constant attraction and concentration of dust and grit around your Magician can't be good in the long term. Sooner or later it's going to get inside or cause you to scratch the screen.

I've gone back to my Brando Workshop leather. I'm waiting for a clear polycarbonate "crystal case" such as this

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=743&t_mode=des

to come out, for those occasions when I want to show my Magician in all it's glory but still have protection.

Edited by Metoo