Windows Media Player 10

Guest celica1.8st

Guest celica1.8st

For anyone interested here is a program to decrypt the nbf files:

http://www.spv-developers.com/content/TyphoonNBFTool.zip

Technically speaking you should just need to download a Rom update file for a compatible phone, then you can rip media player 10 mobile out of that and try it on the c500. The only update I have found with an nbf file (and wmp10m) is for the IPAQ, and that crashes the program!

Has anyone tried the files yet?? It would be interesting to know even if you failed

Guest pharma79

Hi celica1.8st ,Im very interested in this topic , but unfortunately im out of my phone now . I will try it when -hopefully- get my phone next week .

However , isnt a compatiblity problem between smartphone & PPC (i.e ipaq- axim )programs ?

I would be great if we could get our hands on audiovox/dopod WM10 .

Guest celica1.8st

I don't know enough about the compatibility. All I know is they are running Windows Mobile 2003SE which is the same OS.

An audiovox or dopod rom image would be handy. There is someone on here who claims he has got a rom image for the dopod

Guest Pondrew

They are different operating systems. One is Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Pocket PC Phone Edition and the other Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Smartphone.

In fact, not even the Audiovox SMTxxx and Orange SPV C500 have the same os. As mentioned before the C500 doesn't have the os update required to run Windows Media Player 10. The Audiovox was launched with the update included hence being able to run WMP10. Presumably the Dopod also has this update included. See below for the thread that announced the update...

Click here

This update has not and does not look like being released by Orange. Sorry guys.

Edited by Pondrew

• 1 month later...
Guest Zone-MR
For anyone interested here is a program to decrypt the nbf files:

http://www.spv-developers.com/content/TyphoonNBFTool.zip

Technically speaking you should just need to download a Rom update file for a compatible phone, then you can rip media player 10 mobile out of that and try it on the c500. The only update I have found with an nbf file (and wmp10m) is for the IPAQ, and that crashes the program!

Has anyone tried the files yet?? It would be interesting to know even if you failed

The IPAQ NBF format is not the same, hence the program will crash. However, you should be able to open the AudioVOX ROM in TyphoonNbfTool without any problems.

In fact with the lastest version, you should be able to load the AudioVox ROM, edit the header data so it looks like an Orange ROM, and flash it to a C500 - that way you'll get WMP10 running on the C500.

Future versions of TyphoonNbfTool will allow the section data to be edited - so we can create hybrid ROMs, picking and mixing the best features of all the avilible ROMs :D

Guest rvbcrs
The IPAQ NBF format is not the same, hence the program will crash. However, you should be able to open the AudioVOX ROM in TyphoonNbfTool without any problems.

In fact with the lastest version, you should be able to load the AudioVox ROM, edit the header data so it looks like an Orange ROM, and flash it to a C500 - that way you'll get WMP10 running on the C500.

Future versions of TyphoonNbfTool will allow the section data to be edited - so we can create hybrid ROMs, picking and mixing the best features of all the avilible ROMs :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok that's cool but there is no Audiovox (.nbf) rom as far as I know. I have an extracted (.bin) version from an Audiovox but the TyphoonNbfTool can't read it.