Orange preps 240x320 SPV C550

Guest PaulOBrien

,Feb 24 2005, 22:53]Yep, no reply from T-Mobile for me too!

P

.. and no credit from msmobiles.com... looks like my work here is done! :lol:

Edited by Gears

Guest Pondrew

Guys, are we sure this is genuine?

I've just been looking at pictures of the SDA Music (HTC Amadeus) and the resemblance to this is remarkable.

Made me a little skeptical... then again, I do remember when a mock up of the HTC Typhoon was posted for the first time and people doubted that... so I don't know!

EDIT: Thinking about it, I don't doubt this could be an Orange release of the HTC Amadeus, I just find it difficult to believe it could be so much improved in such as short space of time...

Edited by Pondrew

Guest mavisdavis
I just find it difficult to believe it could be so much improved in such as short space of time...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats easy.. They just open the box with all the bits that they should have put in the C500 in the 1st place.lol

Symbian phones had all that last year. Dont flame me for this but its true. altho I hate symbian they are ahead when it comes to phone gizmos but to eve the balance out Symbian have been around for yrs and Windows for a max of 3 in the development of phone and look how far they have come.

I cant se symbian offering Wifi in the next 3Q

Looks the real business.

Lets hope this baby isn't a dust magnet like its older brother.

I too have only just recently upgraded to the C500 when my E200 gave up the ghost.

Oh well. Something to look forward to eh.

Guest tsutton

Damn the growing technology! I only got my C500 2 months ago. But then if I wait for another 10 months, the price would drop for this phone. or another new release! :lol:

Cheers for posting it, looks good.

Guest morpheus2702

I think that if the C550's screen is going to be a big a selling point as I think it will be, then this is something HTC will have to get right from the word go. No messing about with different screen flanges and gubbins and phone versions 1-2-3.

Guest ghostyjack

I contacted Orange's 156 Data Support team to find out what info they had on this to give to the general public and got them to read out to me everything they had. The info I got was very similar to what has already been said but one on the things they said was "3G".

Although I believe these are preliminary specs it seems to indicate this will be Orange's first 3G MS device.

Also the screen colour depth may not yet be decided as on one page of info it said 16bit colour and on another page it said 262k colours.

Edited by ghostyjack

Can confirm it's on the Orange intranet system and it does state it has 3G capability!!!! :(

Also, not sure if its been mentioned but stated is a 4x Zoom with flash on the camera. No word as to whether the mini SD is hot swopable - that, as well as 3G would be the sealer for me :lol:

Guest www.msmobiles.com
Can confirm it's on the Orange intranet system and it does state it has 3G capability!!!! :lol:

No front camera means no videotelephony.

No videotelephony in 3G phone means crippled 3G and then buying 3G phone is pointless. And videotelephony roaming is cool: talking on a beach in Spain with a pal from UK, etc...

Guest xenophobe

C500: 108 x 46 x 18 mm

C550 90 x 47 x 25 mm

D2000W: 93 x 48 x 24 mm

Interesting.... these QVGA phones won't have screens that are much bigger... but the phones will be noticably thicker... I dunno if I want noticably thicker than my SMT 5600....

Guest bronksy
No, it doesn't make it pointless at all.

I don't care about video calls, but I love the idea of fast data.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the 3G coverage that I get with my 3G datacard is anything to go by, I'd stick to GPRS for the while. The card spends more time on GPRS than 3G.

Rubbish.

Guest shadamehr
No front camera means no videotelephony.

No videotelephony in 3G phone means crippled 3G and then buying 3G phone is pointless. And videotelephony roaming is cool: talking on a beach in Spain with a pal from UK, etc...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The 3 network for ages, refused to offer the Nokia 3G phones because of lack of twin or rotating cameras, thus no video calls.

BUT...

Consumer demand INSISTED that they offer it... so 3 reluctantly did so eventually, very surprised by consumer choice, but nevertheless, very bound by it...

Now I'm with you in that I don't see the point of a 3G phone that isn't video calling capable.

BUT,

It has ALREADY been emphatically shown that the consumer DOES NOT feel the same way mate, and thus your comments, as much as they SHOULD be right, are WRONG...

about 12 months ago i was on the three network, the phones from nec were pretty biz but the tarriff was good, ill agree with bronksy my phone spent more time roaming on to 2g and dropping 3g and i was loosing calls regular.now wether that was the network or the technology i dont know? i like and want the phone but it wont be for the 3g i think they need to sort the service out first and make it reliable.

Edited by mirpy1

Guest ClintEastman
,Feb 25 2005, 21:20]No, it doesn't make it pointless at all.

I don't care about video calls, but I love the idea of fast data.

Pretty simple!

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to say that after having a 3G videophone (SE z1010, a god awful handset) that I made 1 video call and didn't bother after that (just seemed a bit of a faf), now im testing the 6630 (yes I know, it's a nokia :cry: but it means I get 100MB DATA pm free on my contract and actually it's quite a good phone, GREAT camera!!). having a big fat data rate on the 6630 is great and I can't wait for a Microsoft 3G solution comes out!!

Think i might have worked out what my next trial phone will be. :(

C500: 108 x 46 x 18 mm

C550  90 x 47 x 25 mm

D2000W: 93 x 48 x 24 mm

Interesting.... these QVGA phones won't have screens that are much bigger... but the phones will be noticably thicker...  I dunno if I want noticeably thicker than my SMT 5600....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know that makes it only millimetres larger than the smallest 3G handset in the world afaik (ZTE’s F808 measures 88.5mm x 44.6mm x 22.5mm.) so im not sure it's the screen adding to the depth, 3G phones are just a bit more...... Bulky

:lol:

Edited by ClintEastman

Guest www.msmobiles.com
It has ALREADY been emphatically shown that the consumer DOES NOT feel the same way mate, and thus your comments, as much as they SHOULD be right, are WRONG...

they may be wrong in general but for me if 3G phone doesn't have videotelephony then it is "no no". So it happens that I have much bigger need for videotelephony than some other people have, and that's why I will never buy 3G phone without videotelephony.

Ive had a few 3g videophones in the past and have decided its of no advantage to me, however 3g data is massively appealing to me, much cheaper than gprs, but fast enough to use as a laptop / pc connection if there is no broadband.

I often stay in hotels/ mess's which have no net connection, and the hotels which do tend to be wifi hotspots which is very expensive.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.