MPx220 Update Tool no longer available

Guest McHale

Guest McHale

thanks for posting. A collection of these files will be handy to have in the future... Looks like this is all we need to update the MPx220 to any brand we want.

-Mc

Guest Marc McHale

did you get this working in the end?

I have a cingular branded 1.30 firware version from the states working frine over here, but would love to be able to change the firmware to the EU version.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Marc

Guest McHale

yup. If you run the update util, replace the systeminfo.xml with an older one from Cingular (a.k.a. .325) it will put 1.30 on for you. So, if an updater ever comes out for other branded models (even unbranded), having systeminfo.xml's from all brands will be quite useful.

-Mc

Guest Paraklas

So back to the topic title.. When will the update tool be available again? Is there a newer update after 1.30 or is it planned anyway?

Guest riven
yup.  If you run the update util, replace the systeminfo.xml with an older one from Cingular (a.k.a. .325) it will put 1.30 on for you.  So, if an updater ever comes out for other branded models (even unbranded), having systeminfo.xml's from all brands will be quite useful. 

-Mc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Curious question.... are you modifying the XML file to include your IMEI number or are you using the info that's already in there?

Guest Seth Cold
Worked with mine, no you dont have to enter your imei. Unfortunately the volume is not louder...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is there any noticeable change?

Guest lonnypaul

I love the MPX-220, but I must agree that it lags at times. I'm on 1.13 and will update as soon as my cable is back :D

I have to admit (yes, i'm shy) that I really love my MPX-300 more, with WI-FI and all, but she is a little big. (Yes, don't be jealous!)

Edited by lonnypaul

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nikjensie

Just a quick question... since all you guys are updating back and forth... does anyone have any other language than U.S. English available?

It might be too much to ask at this point but has anyone seen Swedish available?

Best Regards

Nik

Guest fincan
Just a quick question... since all you guys are updating back and forth... does anyone have any other language than U.S. English available?

It might be too much to ask at this point but has anyone seen Swedish available?

Best Regards

Nik

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nope, just english and chinese.

• 1 month later...
Guest jnic_us
I put the update tool on my site so anybody who didn't get it, still can. 8)

I'll leave it up there for a week so get it while its there.

Moto MPx220 Update Tool

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is the Motorola MPx220 System Update v1.0.0.28.exe update tool still available on your site. Thank you