At the moment I would love to hear from anyone interested in being part of the beta trial and from anyone who has a request for features.
Just about everything is up for discussion. At the moment the look and feel is being revamped, notification setting have been incorporated, turning the phone on/off (flight mode), skinning the screens, etc, etc
Aleady I have had an enormous amount of email from people saying they love the way PPCProfiles handles its syncing with Outlook. This is all in real time and very efficient. I dare say this processing part of the apps design will remain the same but any enhancement to the feature can be incorporated.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Ive edited this post to make more sense when you 1st get into the thread. The original post is quoted above.
This is a beta test thread for PPCProfile-Pro. If you are interested in beta testing the app please download the latest version which is always in this post.
Functionality as at 11/03/2005
- 5 profile modes (4 totally user definable, 1 special with realtime sync to outlook appointments. No need to refresh it does it all.
- all profile options can be overridden by changing the settings in other programs. Until the user selects a profile then that profiles options are set.
- 3 selection modes
- popup selection. Allows to click on today screen and select profile from popup.
- text buttons. shows profile name as text. Allows single click from today screen to select profile.
- bitmap buttons. shows bitmap buttons. Allow single click from today screen to select profile.
- Basic profile setup from single screen.
- alert type (ring/increasing ring/ring once/vibrate/vibrate & ring/vibrate then ring/none) per profile
- selection of ring tone for each profile
- separate system and ring volumes
- bluetooth setting (on/off/leave as is) per profile NB: MS bluetooth stack only
- Flight mode (on/off/leave as is) per profile.
- Auto mode outlook triggers switching to auto profile on (busy/meeting statuses and freeform text for outlook categories)
- Advanced setup
- Ability to change name of profile
- Notification setting for each profile. Uses available notification (play sound/display a message/flash the red light/vibrate)
- Preview notification sounds.
- Realtime selection of button skins. skins are user createable bitmaps in a particular format and located in the apps directory. Adding and selecting skins on the fly is possible.
While in setup all current options are saved when switching to another profile or notification. This is true for the previous (left arrow) and next (right arrow) menu buttons and the dropdown lists. Clicking the ok (tick) menu button saves the current option and exits. Cancel, well cancel (red cross) just cancels.
Quick Switch function.
Use this if you want to change the profile for a short amount of time. Only available in text button or bitmap button selection modes. Tap and hold on the deisred profile to switch to. A selection box pops up with intervals of time. select the desired interval. the new profile is changed to straight away. after the selected time interval the profile is switched back to the previous one.
Selecting another profile while in a quick switch turns off the quick switch.
This special profile works like this. The user selects the profile to use when not in an appointment then selects auto profile. The auto profile will only fire off when in an outlook appointment at all other times the previously selected profile will be in use. eg select normal. select auto. normal settings are in use. outlook appointment starts. switch is made to auto settings. outlook appointment ends. switch is made back to normal settings. normal settings are in use.
Selecting another profile when in auto mode turns off auto mode.
There are 3 status icons to the left of the profile info.
- Normal icon is displayed when not in a quick switch or outlook appointment
- outlook icon is displayed when profile has switched due to outlook appointment
- quick switch icon is displayed when a quick switch is in progress.
I hope this all makes sense.
Latest screen shots
selectmodes.jpg 30.81K 8009 downloads basicsetup.jpg 28.04K 7458 downloads notifications.jpg 25.55K 5456 downloadshment] selectoptions.jpg 19.77K 5327 downloads quickswitch.jpg 24.92K 5187 downloads[attachment=1272
Latest beta download files can be found here
Edited by bretto, 27 April 2005 - 09:08 PM.