PPCProfiles Pro

Guest bretto

Guest bretto

1st freeware release has now been posted. V2.01c

Reminders are not included in the notifications as yet because I need to work out how their options are stored in the registry. They are still different from the other notifications under wm2003se. Will get this in asap though.

Enjoy!

Oh and its free ;)

Here is the current wish list for future versions of the software

- Add a profile switch template to extend auto switching capabilities.

- Add variable height for icon buttons on todayscreen.

- Widen spacing for icon buttons when in landscape mode.

- Add ability to preview ringtones. MP3, mid, wma, wav.

- Add an ending time to Quick Switch functionality.

- Add multi-language support.

- Add ability to make any profile sync with outlook.

- Add ability for cater for more than 5 profiles.

- Add ability to control the backlight per profile.

- Add a setup wizard interface.

- Add reminders to notification settings.

- Add ability to switch profiles automatically on different mobile cells.

- Add Widcomm bluetooth support. (Im gonna keep calling it Widcomm till they get me that dll :roll: )

Im sure there will be more requests so dont be afraid to keep the feedback rolling in.

Thanks

Guest bamsemodaco

Tried it on my Magician (Qtek S100) and I have a couple of bug reports:

1. It doesn't seem to be able to disable bluetooth.

2. When using it to go out of flight mode, sometimes a popup appears asking me to "Turn flight mode off first" (or something similar).

3. After two days of using it I had to reset my Jabra 250 HS to be able to reconnect it. Seems to be something with the Headset On/Off settings in PPCProfiles.

Very nice and handy piece of software, so I hope you can iron out these minor issues on the magician.

Cheers

/b

Guest bretto
Tried it on my Magician (Qtek S100) and I have a couple of bug reports:

1. It doesn't seem to be able to disable bluetooth.

2. When using it to go out of flight mode, sometimes a popup appears asking me to "Turn flight mode off first" (or something similar).

3. After two days of using it I had to reset my Jabra 250 HS to be able to reconnect it. Seems to be something with the Headset On/Off settings in PPCProfiles.

Very nice and handy piece of software, so I hope you can iron out these minor issues on the magician.

Cheers

/b

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi bamsemodaco

Thanks for the feedback.

On your device could you let me know what the bluetooth icon in the tray looks like when bt is disabled. Is it a standard bt icon with a red and white cross to the lower right?

If it is then your device is using the widcomm bluetooth stack which the app doesnt support yet. In this case the bt options should also be disabled and I will need to investigate why they arent.

The flight mode thing I'll look into. Sounds like I need to add some more error correction there.

With the headset all I do is modify a registry value for HTC. This one might also relate to the widcomm bt stack.

Anything with non Microsoft bluetooth software will not function correctly.

Guest Griph

Hi Bretto.

This is my first contribution to this site. First of all thanks for making PPCProfilesPro free for personal use. I like the look of it - but I have an odd problem with it. I have a T Mobile MDA Compact with Windows Mobile 2003SE v4.21.1088 ROM v 1.01.00 WWE.

In respect of the Today pluggin - every time I soft reset I end up with a double PPCProfilePro pluggin view - I attach screen shots and hope that this clarifies the problem. post-127385-1115161483_thumb.jpg

It is easily fixed by going to Today Settings and disabling and re-enabling the pluggin wherein the second vanishes. However, as I back up daily using Sprite Backup Pro which automatically resets afterwards - it is a bit of a pain. Is this a known issue. I have v2.01c of PPCProfilesPro loaded - which I believe to be the current one.

To assist you I have the following non standard software loaded:

Sprite Backup Pro v3.1.4 B2419

PI2005 v6.0.0.0265

Resco Explorer 2003 v5.14

SPB Time 1.1.0 B294

1-Calc v2.1.1

1-Pass v1.1.1

TomTomNavigator v3.07

Magic Button v1.8 B50213

I hope you will be able to resolve this.

Regards

Griph

Guest bretto
In respect of the Today pluggin - every time I soft reset I end up with a double PPCProfilePro pluggin view.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Griph

Havent heard of this one before. I could be wrong but this sounds more like a todayscreen manager problem than the actual plugin itself.

Have you checked the registry to see if there are duplicate entries for the plugin?

I'll have a search around to see if anyone has experienced this with plugins before.

Guest bolasz
In respect of the Today pluggin - every time I soft reset I end up with a double PPCProfilePro pluggin view

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had that a few times as well, but not always.

Guest bretto
I had that a few times as well, but not always.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you guys got the software installed on the Storage Card or on the devices internals?

Guest Griph
Have you guys got the software installed on the Storage Card or on the devices internals?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the internal memory. Regarding duplicate entries in Registry - can you advise where to look please.

If you look carefully at the picture you can see that the duplicate entry of PPCPPro is overlayed onto the Owner entry which pokes out slightly below the graffic.

This is really odd.

Regards

Griph

Guest bretto
On the internal memory.Ā  Regarding duplicate entries in Registry - can you advise where to look please.

If you look carefully at the picture you can see that the duplicate entry of PPCPPro is overlayed onto the Owner entry which pokes out slightly below the graffic.

This is really odd.

Regards

Griph

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Griph

When this happens can you tap the screen somewhere outside of all plugins and let me know if it corrects the display.

Guest Griph
Thanks Griph

When this happens can you tap the screen somewhere outside of all plugins and let me know if it corrects the display.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope - no effect. This happens after every Soft Reset. I have looked through the registry with Resco Regeditor and cant see any obvious double entries - even when using search facility.

If I 'click'on any of the 'ghost' version profile buttons the proper version changes to the selected profile. The 'ghost' version button doesn't update. :?:

Regards

Griph

Guest bretto
Nope - no effect.Ā  This happens after every Soft Reset.Ā  I have looked through the registry with Resco Regeditor and cant see any obvious double entries - even when using search facility.

If I 'click'on any of the 'ghost' version profile buttons the proper version changes to the selected profile.Ā  The 'ghost' version button doesn't update.Ā  :?:

Regards

Griph

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Griph I dont have any answers on this one yet. Ive had a good look at the code and cannot see anything abnormal.

Originally I though you might have a double entry in the today item registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items

(maybe something to do with sprite but I cant say how sprite handles backing up the registry),

or maybe it was being loaded from the storage card and there was some lag. Apparently MS dont recommend installing on the card.

Possibly change the order of plugins and see if there is some pattern. It might be a timing issue when the plugins start up.

You might also try installing the V2.01c beta1 and see if that makes a difference.

I'll keep researching this one.

Guest Griph

OK thanks Bretto.

I've Checked the registry - only one there. Oddly though all the other Today Entries are shown "Calendar", "Messages" etc - except PPCProfiles which appears in the registry without quotation marks. Is that correct?

I dont have Sprite or PPCProfiles on the storage card - they are all on the internal drive.

Already tried moving the pluggin order - it moved the proper PPCProfiles pluggin down - but the ghost just stays in second row, just under the Time pluggin!

I already have the latest version installed.

Thanks for the help - I appreciate it.

Regards

Griph

Edited by Griph

Guest bretto
OK thanks Bretto.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK Ive managed to reproduce this in a similar fashion. I can now get PPCProfiles-Pro plugin to sit over both the date plugin and the owner plug on wm2003se only. I dont get the duplicate on screen though. I can also just tap the todayscreen or pulldown the start menu and it all falls into line.

I cant reproduce this on wm2003.

Ive tried a lot of things to correct this behaviour but the only change that works is to refresh constantly. Not desirable at all.

Just letting you know Ive reproduced it now and am on the case.

Guest Griph
OK Ive managed to reproduce this in a similar fashion. I can now get PPCProfiles-Pro plugin to sit over both the date plugin and the owner plug on wm2003se only. I dont get the duplicate on screen though. I can also just tap the todayscreen or pulldown the start menu and it all falls into line.
Not sure I quite understand - do you mean that you dont get two lines of PPCPPro only one - but can get it to overlay the date or owner plugin? I am wondering whether this could be an interaction between several programmes - do you have any of the apps I have loaded (see initial post in this thread) ? Is this a possibility?
Just letting you know Ive reproduced it now and am on the case.
Thanks Bretto - assume you have reached for the deerstalker, pipe and violin? Good luck!

Regards

Griph

Guest bretto
Not sure I quite understand - do you mean that you dont get two lines of PPCPPro only one - but can get it to overlay the date or owner plugin?Ā  I am wondering whether this could be an interaction between several programmes - do you have any of the apps I have loaded (see initial post in this thread) ?Ā  Is this a possibility?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I know its weid. I dont get two lines of the plugin. It doesnt happen all the time either. Looks like its timing related. Almost as if it only happens if the date/owner plugins get updated/refreshed before ppcppro is fully loaded. Its definately a wm2003se thing but narrowing it down is the problem.

All the todayscreen plugins appear to get loaded in position 0 then moved to their correct order after they fire up. For some reason the date/owner plugins dont refresh everytime when my plugin gets moved.

Edited by bretto

Guest bamsemodaco
Hi bamsemodaco

Thanks for the feedback.

On your device could you let me know what the bluetooth icon in the tray looks like when bt is disabled. Is it a standard bt icon with a red and white cross to the lower right?

If it is then your device is using the widcomm bluetooth stack which the app doesnt support yet. In this case the bt options should also be disabled and I will need to investigate why they arent.

The flight mode thing I'll look into. Sounds like I need to add some more error correction there.

With the headset all I do is modify a registry value for HTC. This one might also relate to the widcomm bt stack.

Anything with non Microsoft bluetooth software will not function correctly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The BT stack is Microsoft (Qtek S100 is the same as iMate Jam/XDA Compact) and the OS is WM 2003 SE.

Cheers

/b

Guest bolasz
All the todayscreen plugins appear to get loaded in position 0 then moved to their correct order after they fire up. For some reason the date/owner plugins dont refresh everytime when my plugin gets moved.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not just those two, the second copy of PPCProfiles after reset overlays the messaging plugin.

To correct it, I have to untick both and then reenable them one by one but first the messaging plugin then PPCProfiles. If I'm doing it the other way round it doesn't work.

Guest bretto
It's not just those two, the second copy of PPCProfiles after reset overlays the messaging plugin.

To correct it, I have to untick both and then reenable them one by one but first the messaging plugin then PPCProfiles. If I'm doing it the other way round it doesn't work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have uploaded a possible fix to the download post "V2.01d beta1". If you can check that out and let me know if your display issues are sorted out.

Thanks

Guest bretto
The BT stack is Microsoft (Qtek S100 is the same as iMate Jam/XDA Compact) and the OS is WM 2003 SE.

Cheers

/b

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok thanks. I'm using the standard MS api calls as per evc++ specifications. I'll have to research to see if there is anything non standard used on that device.

Get back to you soon.

Guest bolasz
I have uploaded a possible fix to the download post "V2.01d beta1". If you can check that out and let me know if your display issues are sorted out.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Installed, did a soft reset, looks good! ;)

Great job!

Guest bolasz

Just a quick note on the new beta:

On the notifications screen when you scroll through the options with the right arrow it skips beam autoreceive, but it doesn't when you scroll through with the left arrow.

So nothing serious just thought I mention.

Guest bretto
Just a quick note on the new beta:

On the notifications screen when you scroll through the options with the right arrow it skips beam autoreceive, but it doesn't when you scroll through with the left arrow.

So nothing serious just thought I mention.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi bolasz

Thanks for that Ive fixed it for the next version.

Guest bretto
Hi Bretto.

In respect of the Today pluggin - every time I soft reset I end up with a double PPCProfilePro pluggin view - I attach screen shots and hope that this clarifies the problem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Griph

Have you had a chance to try V2.01d beta1? if so did the beta fix what youve been experiencing also?

Thanks

Guest HBHaug

Hi,

First of all, thanks for a great program, your program has really made it easy and fast to switch "profiles" on my QTEK2020, which wasn't possible before.

As a request for features please have a look at the following:

1. How about the possibility to backup/restore the PPCProfiles Settings?

This makes it nice and easy to reinstall the PDA without having to reconfigure all the options from scratch.

2. Would it be possible to create more than 5 "profiles"?

Once again thanks for a great program.

Just making an addition to the backup/restore feature...

When looking at this feature maybe you could look into also backing up the ringtones/sound-files that are used, this would be great as you then don't have to remember yourself to copy the files manually.

;) BTW - I could have used the backup/restore last weekend as my phone went totally cold :oops:

/HBHaug

Edited by HBHaug

Guest bretto
Hi,

First of all, thanks for a great program, your program has really made it easy and fastĀ  to switch "profiles" on my QTEK2020, which wasn't possible before.

As a request for features please have a look at the following:

1. How about the possibility to backup/restore the PPCProfiles Settings?

This makes it nice and easy to reinstall the PDA without having to reconfigure all the options from scratch.

2. Would it be possible to create more than 5 "profiles"?

Once again thanks for a great program.

/HBHaug

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi HBHaug

Great idea to be able to backup and restore the options. I'll put that in the next version also.

Im looking into the best way to allow more than 5 profiles. When I nut it out I'll let you know.

Thanks for the feedback Im glad you like the application.