Bluetooth RemoteControl for SmartPhone

Guest jaylee512

Guest jaylee512

A new version of Bluetooth RemoteControl for Smartphone has been released.

With this software, you will be able to control remotely applications like Winamp, the Windows Mixer, the Windows Media Player, PowerPoint and others.

The 0.4.0 version now includes support for the Windows Media Player, as well as some bug fixes and enhancements.

You will find this new release here: http://www.labtech.epitech.net/remotecontrol

main-sp-06.gif

Edited by Paul [MVP]

With this software, you will be able to control remotely applications like Winamp, the Windows Mixer, the Windows Media Player, PowerPoint and others.

The 0.4.0 version now includes support for the Windows Media Player, as well as some bug fixes and enhancements.

Well i cant find the .cab-file it says in the installations-direktory ?

Help please ;-)

Guest bluesmudge
Well i cant find the .cab-file it says in the installations-direktory ?

Help please ;-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

C:\Program Files\Orion\Bluetooth Remote Control

(asuming your install drive was c that is)

there is a cab file called "remotecontrol.ARMV4" well thats where mine is - failing that i have no idea . . . . perhaps you could ask someone nicely to email it to you :lol:

Guest NastyNick
could only get winamp to work. how do you use the other appz???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Press * on ur phones keypad ? Works for me...

Excellent app, worked straight away - no problems!

I go to select server, it finds my pc, i press ok, but nothing seems to happen it just displays "not connected" Am i doing something wrong?

Edited by Furbyâ„¢

Guest bluesmudge

Just got me bluetooth dongle - What a day - bluetooth activesync working AND remote control software!

The software works great - would be good it we could turn the phone into a fully operational mouse - but maybe thats to come.

As for

I go to select server, it finds my pc, i press ok, but nothing seems to happen it just displays "not connected" Am i doing something wrong?

Make sure your bluetooth settings on your computer are setup to allow bluetooth devices to connect - Or that there arn't any settings that could be blocking incoming.

Make sure the Bluetooth remote software is open on your PC - it won't work unless thats open.

Apart from that no suggestions - had absolutly no problems this end.

Guest jaylee512
Have a powerpoint to present tomorrow so just installed this... what a fantastic app! :D

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pleased to see this helps you ;)

Guest Paul [MVP]

Used it today, great, but one request... i'd love a short 'vibrate' when the keypress is registered, so you know that it is about to change slide :D

P

Guest ygeller
,Mar 2 2005, 17:49]Used it today, great, but one request... i'd love a short 'vibrate' when the keypress is registered, so you know that it is about to change slide :D

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm seems not to work on mpx220. I've read a few posts that reflect what I get: when I do select server either my computer shows up and disappears after OK is pressed, or I simply get "done with 0 devices found". In any event - its impossible to connect even though the BT light on my PC is flashing indicating some data exchange.

Any ideas?

Edited by ygeller

Guest neilbhatia

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am getting the same problem as this. Wondering whats widcomm stack, I notice on the home page it says it wont connect.

1 thing I highly recommend is using a fm broadcaster like itrip, that way you can use listen to music on your stereo, while controling with your phone.

Guest ygeller

Well. You've got a point. I checked and the driver used for my Thinkpad bluetooth card is Widcomm - which explains why it doesn't work...

Guess we're screwed?

:cry:

Guest bluesmudge

I've noticed that the program tends not to run too well with activesync running. always worth making sure that its not on before you try connecting

**edit: woo 50th post no longer the newbie**

Edited by bluesmudge

Guest AngelOfRage

i tried a previous version of this and had lots of problems, yet this one installed and worked first time on my C500.

one of the best apps ive ever installed on my phone, now i can change songs, increas volume, etc, wherever i am in the house. Absolutly brilliant :D ;)

there is one suggestion id make, an option to turn on/off Shuttle within Winamp. Is this possible?

Edited by AngelOfRage

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JOhnnyboy

Does this app work with Win 2000?

I have downloaded .NET and installed the CAB file etc.

My PC shows up when I Select Server, but nothing shows up in the main bit of the program. pressing all the bottons on the phone (c500) has no effect.

I'm using a Linksys bluetooth dongle, any suggestions?

Guest Confused Stu

I'm having problems getting this one to run too (and no, that's not normal for me despite the username!).

When I search for a server, it does come up with my PC as (the only) option. Pushing the Enter button doesn't do anything, but selecting the right soft key (the OK one) just takes me back to the main menu with "Not connected" showing on it.

I've got the PC application running, both bluetooth's (blueteeth?) are on and I'm not running Widcomm drivers (the screen lists my driver as "btpcbcsp.sys").

Anyone able to offer any help? While I'm very happy with the Pocket Control PC that's now in the MoDaCo download section (it can act as mouse or keyboard - nice!) this one looks much more beginner friendly for when people borrow my laptop for work presentations.

HELP!!! :D

Guest Confused Stu

Ah! Just looked at the driver for my port (rather than for the bluetooth card itself) and WIDCOMM shows up! That'd be why I'm buggered then!

Well, at least I know now, even if I have made myself look a prat! As usual...

:D

Guest sugardad

I have Had some problems regarding the startup of the app

but they were elliminated upon Installation of ver 0.4.1

I was still using 0.3.x (stupid of me not to check for Updates)

all of all BT Remote Server Worked flawlessly on (I personally checked)

Qtek 8080

Qtek 8010

Qtek 8020

BT Dongle used was from logo_windigo.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.