difference in m2000 IIs MDA III?

Guest p1tse

Hi

i am a new member.

just read dade's review on the m2000 - quality. are the little problems stated in the m2000 review exactly the same for the others?

are there any difference between the m2000, xda IIs and MDA III, apart from casing? do they all come with the same thing, software, functions, and packaging?

looking at the above and would require it to be unblocked as I am on Vodafone, is this ok to be used with Vodafone?

thanks

Guest philgriffiths

Apart from casing the only difference between the all would be the software they are flashed with. O2, Orange, TMob us their own software to apply their icons and programmes and such. For example, my M200 has links to Orange Plus, and orange websites.

Can't comment on the problems you mention from Dades review because to tell the truth i can't bothered to read his review again, and i can't say if the others have problems since i have only used the M2000. I can say however that i havent got any real problems with my M2000.

I am pretty sure it would work on Voda once unblocked as the GSM voda works on is supported by the device, but best if somone one here more technically capabale could confirm that

hi thanks,

I've been offered a newish M2000 (private seller) with all original packaging, reciepts etc for £240. Seems alot of money for a phone, when i usually upgrade for free.

but was thinking of PDA anyway, and liked these phones.

Could someone confirm if it will work with Vodafone Sim once unlocked and if i require any updates software?

Also is there anything i should check on the item when buying?

kind regards

Well, you can get it unlocked for £20 and it will work on any network. You might need to set it up for GPRS on whatever network you go with, but I believe there are downloads available (search this site and you'll find them).

As for the item, make sure it works! Plus, you want to make sure you get the cradle and power supply, and it usually comes with two stylus. Battery, of course!

You'll probably save a packet if you have a cheap sim card. You could PAYG and the line rentals will cover what you spent. I'm on a £50 per month contract, and the upgrade cost for me was £90 :D

Yes, the access details are different, but it's not rocket science to set it up, I think customer services could walk you through it, but they don't do that model of phone AFAIK, so maybe you might have to look it up yourself. Same for any phone on any network. Not that I use it any more with WiFi available!

Guest fraser
As for the item, make sure it works!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Replying to my own post, but by that I mean get a loan of a sim for whatever network it is on and try it out before unlocking if you can. If you don't, you could be liable if something screws up during unlocking, you'd want to know it was good first before starting.