uk folks, please look at this receipt asap. fake?

Guest kailes

Guest pd.ryder

@kailes - was the sale initiated through this forum?

There's a big thread on here somewhere to do with chasing down a serial scammer. I'll see if I can find it and post a link.....

Guest kailes

he is a registerd user on this site, just one post. says he has a c500. so it isn't a 5600

is the c500 the exact same as the 5600 or the older model?

Guest pd.ryder

Same thing. The older model was the HTC Voyager, aka E200.

C500 is the newest smartphone until the C550 hits the shelves sometime after May.

Guest pd.ryder

I should read back before I reply... [-X

If he's a user, report him to the moderators and post on that thread I included above.

Guest tudor
how do i determine the ip address from where he posted?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you use Outlook, right-click on a message and select Options. Look at the bottom for "Internet headers".

Guest tudor
i never got an email from him, just a log of our conversation

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe the admins on MoDaCo can help you with the IP from where he posted here - you said he posted once.

Guest kailes

his user id is philcollinsrules. the more i look the more i am confident he screwed me. the picture he sent me is an spv, not the smt5600, unless smt5600 comes in a silver color too

Guest tudor

Is this what you're buying from him?

Hello

I got 1x SPV E200, with box, accessories, 128mb sd card for sale

phone is unlocked and app unlocked

had it for 2months and in v. good condition

ill accept 50 pounds for it shipped to uk, slightly more if elsewhere

Because if it is... it's not SMT5600 or equivalent, it's an older model.

Guest chucky.egg

Not wanting to sound harsh, but this is starting to sound like one fecked up purchase.

You didn't know quite what you were buying, or who you were buying from, or how it would be shipped... you have to take some responsibility for protecting yourself from fraudsters.

I know this is no help to you now, but it might help others:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=202007

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Does the PO delivery pacells internationally?

Even if they did, he'd have got a tracking number for it. Ask for that (its on the "other" slip they give you...)

Guest tudor
Does the PO delivery pacells internationally?

Even if they did, he'd have got a tracking number for it.  Ask for that (its on the "other" slip they give you...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They give you a tracking number only if you ask for recorded delivery - that means a few quid more.

Anyway, a seller's interest is to be able to prove that the buyer got the parcel, so he can sue for money in case of a non-paying buyer.

Guest kailes

in response to a previous post, i deserve to get taken on this one/ when he pm'd me yesterday i told him i i wasn't interested, but then he came back today. offered up pics, offered to email the receipt, even agreed to me not sending the balance until i receive the phone. it was after that when i started to put 3 and 3 together-picture wasn't a 5600, someone else noticed the blotted out receipt, all ofthat stuff. i filed a claim with paypal and he asked me why, and has run away since then. i have a feeling i wont' be hearing from him again

Guest tudor

Hmmm.... interesting. I just had a look for the receipt from a parcel I've sent in February. It was international signed-for delivery and I got a tracking number for it. The interesting thing is that on the printed receipt the address is missing!

I guess it's just how they work at the post office. The guy writes down the delivery address on the sticker-thing for recorded delivery (the one with bar-code labels), then asks you to pay the money, but he never types in the address on the computer. Just lazyness, I suppose.

Here's a BAD QUALITY :oops: image of the receipt (sorry, I don't have a scanner at home, nor a digital camera, so I just used my C500):

post-106056-1109907464_thumb.jpg

In any case, the white marks on yours are still dodgy...

Guest kailes

that is interesting. thanks for offering it up. The guy responded yesterday and said I would owe him a bg public apology when i get the phone, which i will gladly offer up to all.

One noe for you spv users. does the spv work with napster 2 go to? it was one of the main reasons i wanted my 5600 back. i have a dj business and am pulling a lot of music off of napster to go and want to be able to use it. i i can't, even if i get the phone from the guy it is going to go straight back. i know the c500 is the same phone, so I am assuming it will work, but anyone know for sure?

Guest tudor

It is not QUITE the same phone. The hardware is identical, but SMT5600 has Windows Media Player 10, as opposed to SPV C500, which has 9. No idea about Napster though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...