• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

sdinh

sdinh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:SPV M2000
For wav music files as your alarm tune. Move your wav file to the windows folder.

Now using the 'sounds/notifications' option in 'settings' the wav file will appear as a option in the 'reminders' setting.

Hope this helps, now you can wake up to your favorite tune! :D

jharvey00

jharvey00

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario
Or use MortPlayer - allows you to play MP3/Ogg/Wav as an alarm. Also includes a sleep timer and support for shoutcast streaming.

sdinh

sdinh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
GReAt!!! Even better! Thanks

kneer

kneer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:SPV E200

For wav music files as your alarm tune. Move your wav file to the windows folder.

Now using the 'sounds/notifications' option in 'settings' the wav file will appear as a option in the 'reminders' setting.

Hope this helps, now you can wake up to your favorite tune! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A great idea but if I try to but a 10sec WAV file in Windows it says there is not enough space. Any ideas on this ?

Regards

Farhad

Farhad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Or use MortPlayer - allows you to play MP3/Ogg/Wav as an alarm. Also includes a sleep timer and support for shoutcast streaming.

<{<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you have to use MortPlayer ot actually play the files. ie is there a way to set a MP3 file to be played as a ringtone? I know that Pocket Zen does allow this, but its not the most idea configuration...

pride429

pride429

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Thanks for the tips. Anyone know how I can get my reminder alarm to repeat itself - my E200 used to do this but the m2000 only plays it once and I often miss the alarm.

Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
tick the repeat box.....

pride429

pride429

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

tick the repeat box.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didnt realise that box existed until you pointed it out - so embarrassed :oops: Thanks for the tip though

fraser

fraser

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hermes
That only repeats once, tho, right? I've given up on using the phone to wake me up, it's just not up to the task. None of the alarms can go off until you switch it off, which is all I want.

stug

stug

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:Vario II
Fraser, I use a piece of freeware called Stop-time, available here: http://home.comcast.net/~jonsachs/ and have never had any problems. He does have a few comments and tips about people having problems with alarms in WM2003 though...

fraser

fraser

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
Yeah, I use the countdown timers in that app for cooking. Handy for the "ah, but does it make your dinner" questions from friends!

It's not the triggering of the alarm that's the problem. I need an alarm that goes off until you switch it off, otherwise I'll just go back to sleep after 20 seconds! The phone ones aren't loud enough either.

stug

stug

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:Vario II

Yeah, I use the countdown timers in that app for cooking. Handy for the "ah, but does it make your dinner" questions from friends!

It's not the triggering of the alarm that's the problem. I need an alarm that goes off until you switch it off, otherwise I'll just go back to sleep after 20 seconds! The phone ones aren't loud enough either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fraser, the alarm one in Stop Time doesn't go off until you switch it off. On Jonathon Sachs website there is also a set of wav's you can download - i use pager at volume 9 and believe me it wakes you up!

fraser

fraser

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Fraser, the alarm one in Stop Time doesn't go off until you switch it off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, thanks for the suggestion! I'll give it a try tomorrow morning!!

Danlance

Danlance

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario

Fraser, the alarm one in Stop Time doesn't go off until you switch it off. On Jonathon Sachs website there is also a set of wav's you can download - i use pager at volume 9 and believe me it wakes you up!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It would appear that the alarms within Stop Time are configurable to go off up to a maximum of 90 secs - although I doubt many people could sleep through fog horn on volume 8 for 90 secs! ;)

deejayry

deejayry

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:E200-M2000

Thanks for the tips. Anyone know how I can get my reminder alarm to repeat itself - my E200 used to do this but the m2000 only plays it once and I often miss the alarm.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Weird, My E200 only played the sound once, My M2000 has always repeated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users