MDA Compact video capture issue

Guest bobbyb

Guest bobbyb

hi all

The problem i have is with video capture. it captures video at a slower rate then audio so when it's played back the sound is out of sync. does anyone else have this problem? any help?

T-Mobile said to exchange it which i did twice. but the problem's still there

cheers

MDA Compact

rom ver 1.01.00

wwe 1.01.128

rom date 10/21/04

Guest fallwood

Had the same prob on my c500, it seems to happen when capturing using mpeg4, works ok with avi but the filesizes are huuuge. Capturing at the smallest size helps butits still out of sync. I thought a 400 mhz processor would be able to handle the mpeg4 compression but apparently it doesnt. Cant beleive no one else has experienced this problem, effects all the c500 and mda compacts ive seen.

Guest bobbyb

thanks mate. i thought it wasn't just my phone i've exchanged it twice t-moblie just keep telling me to get another phone! ah well hopefully there'll be a fix.

Guest MitchellO

My XDA II Mini seems to have fine video capture, with the sound in sync. I am using the MPEG4 codec. Would be something you have running in the background.

Guest MitchellO

What I would suggest it a hard reset (I know, it is hard....) and then try that camera. That way you can see if it is the device or possibly some conflicting software. If it works fine, install your progs one by one to discover the culprit. Good Luck!

Guest MitchellO

Maybe it is a problem with the MDA Compacts ROM. Something TMobile did to it, as I have an o2 XDA II Mini and haven't (touch wood) had problems with out-of-sync capture. Good luck with 4th unit!?!

Guest fallwood

Just one last thing i forgot to mention, are you capturing to your storage card or internal memory, i find that capturing to storage card can give poor performance (depends how fast your sd card is), i capture to main memory then move it over.

Guest MitchellO

I capture to SD card typically (a Sandisk 1Gb standard card). No complaints. The audio is so crap i typically turn it off, but when i have it on it is fine, although a bit crap. Nice video though!

Guest bobbyb

yeah it's going to the internal memory. i think the problem lies with t-mobile cos i ve just exchanged the phone again!! but the problem's still there. don't know what to do!

Guest MitchellO

As I said, it could be the tmobile rom. Is there anyway to load an MDA Compact with the rom from another Magician device (eg. XDA II Mini, JAM)? That might fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mike-oh

I have slight audio sync problems too, i have the t-mobile ROM.

But what's even worse is the vertical tearing which is dreadful! :evil: (See attachment of monster trucking fun).

I was saveing to my SD card but it's a pretty fast one (as posted in the SD card thread)

All this following a recent (un volentary) hard reset.

Mike

Monster_trucks_.zip

Edited by mike-oh

Guest monty1

[

All this following a recent (un volentary) hard reset.

Mike what caused you to hard reset . I have the T mobile Rom and have had to reset a couple of times recentley due to the phone losing GSM and locking up !

Guest mike-oh

Funnily enough i was using the camera at the time. I think i was messing around with those photo templates, the screen went white and I had to reset it. When it came around it brought up the calibration screen - it had hard reset :D

Guest mike-oh
What a great RC Car! And the quality of that video looks great!.... except for that AWFUL tearing :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It'l reach 40mph in a straight line! I'd like to say it was mine, but it belongs to a friend of mine (seeing controling it in the vid).

The tearing in that clip was particularly bad, most other clips suffer, but not usually to that extenct.