Scancom.co.uk Blues

Guest tobinharris

Guest tobinharris

Hi there,

Has anyone recently ordered a lovely MDA Compact from ScanCom.co.uk? I did on Tuesday, and they told me my order would arrive on Friday/Saturday (today, the 12th). Since it didn't arrive, I phoned to enquire - and they're now saying the shipment will arrive at thier office on Wednesday 16th, so I should have my phone by Thursday.

The bad thing here is that they didn't even bother to inform me that my order was running at *least* 5 days late. How unprofessional is that!?

I've used online stores for years, and I always get a phone call or email to inform me of ordering difficulties should there be any. It is very disappointing that Scancom don't bother with this.

Anyway, there's my rant. I'll probably stay away from ScanCom from now on!

Tobes

sorry to hear that guys, I ordered mine from Scancom.co.uk, they phoned me to confirm the details and the phone was delivered to me the next day. Just unfortunate but like you said they should have at least told you about any delays.

Guest mike-oh

Yeah, i have to stick up for them too. It was very good service and it arrived when they said it would.

It isn't good that they didn't inform you of any delays, i know what it's like waiting for your

newest shiny thing to arrive!

Mike

Guest baby harddrive
Yeah, i have to stick up for them too. It was very good service and it arrived when they said it would.

It isn't good that they didn't inform you of any delays, i know what it's like waiting for your

newest shiny thing to arrive!

Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

scancom said something about a faulty camera with their batch and claimed they'd sent them back to t-mobile.

They offered to cancel my order but it's like I'm so close to possessing an mda compact (my new baby), and I don't want to let it go.

BUT I do wish I'd gone with t-mobile, got it for free including delivery then ordered a 1Gb SD instead of a MMC card. I still have time since scancom said it would be here by Thurs/Fri. I think I may (but can't today as I locked my handbag in the house! Doh!)

I ordered/Downloaded quite a few little bits & pieces too:

Monopoly

Dominoes

Voice Command

Seven of nine Theme (Voyager fan). Don't know if it'll work on the mda but it only cost me 99c

Dots for a $1.00

A free novella

Silicone case+(extra) Stylus+Screen protector

I've always been told I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch but my fingers just kept filling in the purchase details...

Just as an aside: do scrabble & yahzee work on the mda?

Guest dcdragon

I also placed my order on the 8th of March and was told I would have it by the 12th but did not recieve it. Phoned up yesterday and was also told that there was a fault with the handsets they received from T-Mobile and "hopefully" I would have the mda compact by 17th.

You can't really blame them considering it was T-Mobile who sent them a faulty batch of phones. Anyway I would take this time to do more research on your mda compact that you ordered.

Did you know you can play Playstation 1 games on it? :shock:

Edited by dcdragon

Guest thereaperman

:cry: yeah i am waiting on mine, i ordered it from one stop phone shop with a bluetooth headset and a copilot gps, and they say the same it should be coming out this week. So i think its a supply problem my self etc, just can not wait :D

ukphone shop say this

"T-Mobile MDA Compact and MDAIII

Our Managing Director, David Greeson has been in constant communication with the senior management of T-mobile to secure as many of these products as possible. We have sold unprecedented levels because of the excellence of the product, the strength of the T-Mobile brand and www.ukphoneshop.com ’s competitive stance. We have exhausted all T-Mobile stocks.

Further large orders have been placed and further dialoque is taking place with T-Mobile, the manufacturers and Co-Pilot to plan for future deliveries of these products in line with our forecasted sales.

The next delivery is scheduled to arrive at the T-Mobile distribution centre on the 26th March and they are aware that we need our allocation URGENTLY.

To avoid disappointment, we recommend that you place your order now. You will then be added to our priority order list and be one of the first to experience these great products."

So I think we will all just have to wait a little longer :D

Edited by thereaperman

Guest dcdragon

Damn.. Hope I do get my mda compact this week, Just ordered 1Gb SD memory card. Was just going to check out the prices on a website and seen them selling led keyring torches for £0.01 sort of got carried away from there.

Still... £44.59 not bad for a 1Gb SD Memory Card

Guest mike-oh
....seen them selling led keyring torches for £0.01 sort of got carried away from there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you see them?!?

I want one!!

Guest FloatingFatMan
:D oooh shiny, shiny, were to get the shiny  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be Aria Technology

Aria are one of the best, and lowest priced, suppliers I've ever used... I use them for nearly all my component needs these days...

FFM

Guest dcdragon

If you guys still want them torches better be quick only 16 left at the time of writing. I'd have to agree with FloatingFatMan, Aria Technology (http://www.aria.co.uk) is one of the lowest price computer shops out there, There is also Micro Direct (http://www.microdirect.co.uk) These two are about half a mile in radius from each other.

Its because of this fierce competition they both have really low prices, Sometimes Aria will be cheaper and sometimes MicroDirect will be. Always check both websites if your looking for something one of them will have it cheaper than the other one.

Guest dcdragon

An Update to the original topic. Just phoned up ScanCom and was told they received an e-mail from T-mobile stating the phones are on route to them and they should receive them today or early morning tomorrow.

Either way I should mine have on friday or if im lucky Tomorrow. Alot better than the people with the UKphoneshop who have been told they would be getting theres on the 26th March.

An Update to the original topic. Just phoned up ScanCom and was told they received an e-mail from T-mobile stating the phones are on route to them and they should receive them today or early morning tomorrow.

Either way I should mine have on friday or if im lucky Tomorrow. Alot better than the people with the UKphoneshop who have been told they would be getting theres on the 26th March.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Smart.... shiny new phone by the weekend....can't wait.. 8)

Cheers

Gaz

Guest Charlie Mouse

I spoke to Scancom yesterday as well and was told the same thing. Their stock is confirmed to be arriving today for immediate dispatch and should be with me before 12.30 on Friday :D/

Guest thereaperman
I spoke to Scancom yesterday as well and was told the same thing.  Their stock is confirmed to be arriving today for immediate dispatch and should be with me before 12.30 on Friday :D/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have been told the same, that i should have mine by saturday. Only porblem is i am away until monday, dam :<

Guest Charlie Mouse

Fantastic!!!! Does anyone know what company they use to deliver them? Is it just Royal Mail recorded delivery or is it another company like DHL etc.?

Guest dcdragon

You gotta be kidding me Royal Mail!?!?!?!

Its 2:45PM and I just got my post delivered 10 mins ago, This is the kind of service I get from Royal Mail. Use to have it delivered around 09:00AM in the morning about a year ago, but these days Im lucky if it comes before 12:00PM. Just hope its Special Delivery, that way they have to deliver it before a certain time.

If he comes one minute later than the deadline im gonna knock the postman senseless, wrap him up in bubble wrap, stick a 2nd class stamp on him and ship him to Antarctica.

If he's lucky, He'll get there before 2006...

Guest tobinharris

Yup, Scancom got in touch with me too to tell me it was dispatched today! Great stuff indeed!...

Lol, I didn't really mean to slag them off, but a phone call would have been courtious to inform me of the delay. Anway, they've come through in good time, and if all goes well they're sticking to their promise, so I'm happy enough!

Tobes

Guest Charlie Mouse

Just phoned up Scancom to check and they said it had been dispatched and will be with me before 12.00 (which means its Royal Mail Special Delivery). Seeing as I'll be at work and wont be able to sign for it, it'll be sent back to the main post office. Unfortunately the parcel bit shuts at 12.30(!) so I'll have to either take an early lunch to collect it or wait till Saturday.

Early lunch it is then :cheesy:

Guest FloatingFatMan

Well, I've just given up on an MDA III from Onestopphoneshop after being told it'll be ANOTHER 7-10 days at least and ordered a Compact from Scancom instead...

All I can say is... God these guys are quick!! They'd phoned me back for my bank details less than TWO MINUTES after submitting the order, and were very friendly and helpfull, so I'll be the proud owner of one of these honeys by the morning! :D Shame about the MDA III, but meh... It's probably too big anyway :D

Sorry 1sps, you can kiss my butt :D No more business from me... You can't even PHONE your customers!

FFM

Edited by FloatingFatMan