Only had a couple of problems so far, and I was wondering if you could help me:
1. The 02 website says it has an on/off button, however I am now aware that it doen't turn off, but only the screen turns off. I can turn the phone functions off to reduce power use, but the handset remains powered on at 400mhz, eating precious battery.
I think it would be nice to be able to turn it completely off (for example if you forget to take your charger on a trip and know you'll have to make a call in 2 days) so I tried an experiment:
I removed the backplate and undid the battery lock (turning the device completely off), but left the battery in the socket. I left it like this for about 20 minutes (the life of the backup battery) and then locked the battery again. When the phone came back on, I immediately checked the battery status, and the backup battery was still on 100%, indicating that although turned completely off, the handset had been running on the main battery. Brilliant! Like this I could leave the phone for days and turn it on whenever I wanted.
I then did the same, but completely removed the battery for 20 minutes. When I turned it back on the backup battery was still 100% :S This has shattered all my hopes as it indicates that there is something wrong with my backup battery meter Any ideas as to why my xda2 can sit there for 20 minutes with no power supply and yet the backup battery remains at 100%?
2. Is there any way to stop my xda 2 beeping and vibrating when an sms is sent? I only want an alert on screen, not the full, power consuming deal. I need my xda to vibrate and sound when I receive a message but not when I send one as this is a waste of power and just annoying.
3. If I recieve an sms the screen turns on to tell me. Is there any way to stop this? If I don't notice that I have a message, there is a freeforall in my pocket because the screen is unlocked and because the screen is continually being touched in by my pocket, the light remains on all day. By the time I notice I have 2% battery left.
4. Does anyone know of a plugin that alerts you know before a file is recieved over bluetooth before receiving it instead of after? Also, I would like file send progress monitor (so I can see the percentage that has transferred to/from my xda by bluetooth/IR) as its always a worry that it isn't actually recieving large files and I'm sat waiting for nothing.
5. How do I select multiple items to cut/paste? I know I can drag the stylus across the screen to select a few next to each other, but sometimes I wanna select one from the top of a list, one from the middle and one from the bottom. Is there any way to do this (like holding ctrl on a pc)
Cheers - Mike
Edited by mike_freegan, 12 March 2005 - 04:12 PM.