Unable to Charge/Sync-Up Smartphone using USB

Guest pradeepbhargav

Guest pradeepbhargav

Hi All,

I'm unable to charge or sync-up my smartphone Krome IQ700(HTC Typhoon variant) using the USB cable.

I'm using a Pentium 3 650Mhz laptop with Windows 2000 SP4. First of all, windows doesn't even recognise my phone when connected via USB and Activesync doesn't identify that the phone is connected when I try to create a partnership. Could this be the reason for phone not getting charged via USB. I've a desktop @ home which is an AMD Duron 800Mhz with WindowsXP SP2. This doesn't have any issues in recognising or charging my phone. But my problem is that currently I'm travelling and I forgot to carry my main charger, hence I'm trying to charge via USB which is not happening. There are no issues with USB of the laptop, because my 256MB USB Drive works perfectly when connected.

Can anybody tell me what could be the issue and resolution for the same?

Regards,

Pradeep

Guest Drewtech

What version of ActiveSynch are you using and did you install it from the disk that came with the phone? I couldn't charge from USB until ActiveSynch was installed and it recognised my phone because it seems to need a data connection for charging. If ActiveSynch isn't recognising your phone you won't be getting the data connection. The only thing that I can think of is that it is either the version of ActiveSynch or it hasn't installed properly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reltihmd

perfectly true, unless the drivers are installed and the computer knows what is connected at the other end it wont supply the voltage down the line as the device might not be able to take it, you can download activesync from microsoft.com here http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/dow...tivesync38.mspx i can't tell you if that will allow you to charge but it's the only place i know to get the latest version, hope it helps

reltihmd