Orange UK ROM for SPV E200

Guest Mark T

Guest Mark T

I've just upgraded my E200 to a C500, which I am extremely pleased with.

I had my old E200 unlocked officially by Orange France, and have been trying to install an Orange UK ROM on it so that I can give it to somebody in the UK. However, when I try to install the Orange UK ROM, I get the message "Error 100: Incompatible Image. The ROM image that you are trying to use is not designed to work with your SPV E200. Please check your country's web site and download a compatible SPV E200 software update utility". (See attached screenshot).

post-64532-1110827366_thumb.jpg

Has anybody else had this problem? Does anybody know how to solve it? The tech support person at Orange France assures me that the unlock code they gave me should have fully unlocked the phone.

Mark

Guest Mark T
Try using the greek fixed upgrade program which is easy to find on these pages!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Skoobice,

I was really hoping to install the Orange UK ROM so that it's all set up with GPRS settings, MMS settings etc. Is there no way to avoid this error 100: incompatible image issue?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards,

Mark

Guest SKOOBICE
Skoobice,

I was really hoping to install the Orange UK ROM so that it's all set up with GPRS settings, MMS settings etc.  Is there no way to avoid this error 100: incompatible image issue?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards,

Mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can upload your orange rom using this attached program just use it to start the upgrade process!!

VoUpgradeUT_GR_fixed_LATEST_280205.exe

Guest Mark T
You can upload your orange rom using this attached program just use it to start the upgrade process!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Skoobice,

Please could you confirm what exactly is the procedure for using this program? I read in another thread something about Canary mode and bootloader mode, but I'm not sure what exactly this means!

Do I first have to run your software, and then install the Orange UK ROM?

Regards,

Mark

Guest SKOOBICE
Thanks Skoobice,

Please could you confirm what exactly is the procedure for using this program?  I read in another thread something about Canary mode and bootloader mode, but I'm not sure what exactly this means!

Do I first have to run your software, and then install the Orange UK ROM?

Regards,

Mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sitting comfortably? then I shall begin!!

To put your phone in bootloader mode turn it off and then hold the record button ( the red one below the power button) and turn it on again, it should now say "press any key to enter bootloader!!" do this and you are taken to a three coloured screen with "bootloader" written on it!

stick the phone in the dock (cradle)

move the program I posted to the orange upgrade and start the upgrade by double clicking on the program

Ignore all the messed up writting and question marks!! just click on the left hand icon at the bottom of the page and then the same on the following screen, the upload should start and hopefully will go all the way! if not try a few more times as its not an exact science!!!

good luck!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Edited by SKOOBICE

Guest Mark T

Skoobice,

When you say:

"move the program I posted to the orange upgrade and start the upgrade by double clicking on the program"

Do you mean I just put both your file (VoUpgradeUT_GR_fixed_LATEST_280205.exe) and the Orange UK ROM I want to install (RUU_v2.62_OrangeUK_2.7.1.1_Ship.exe) in the same folder on my PC, and then double-click on your file, without touching the Orange UK ROM file at all?

Regards,

Mark

Guest SKOOBICE
Skoobice,

When you say:

"move the program I posted to the orange upgrade and start the upgrade by double clicking on the program"

Do you mean I just put both your file (VoUpgradeUT_GR_fixed_LATEST_280205.exe) and the Orange UK ROM I want to install (RUU_v2.62_OrangeUK_2.7.1.1_Ship.exe) in the same folder on my PC, and then double-click on your file, without touching the Orange UK ROM file at all?

Regards,

Mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

open the orange folder and copy my file across and double click on my file there!!

Guest Mark T

Thanks Skoobice,

I managed to complete the installation process on the second attempt. Just in case anybody else is having the same issue, here's a few more details on the installation process which worked for me:

1. There was no need to put the phone in bootloader mode. I left it in normal mode, in the USB cradle with the power supply connected. I had set up the phone in "guest" mode in ActiveSync. The phone went into bootloader mode on its own, during the installation process.

2. I saved the file which I had downloaded from the Orange UK site (RUU_v2.62_OrangeUK_2.7.1.1_Ship.exe) to my PC.

3. I double-clicked on this file RUU_v2.62_OrangeUK_2.7.1.1_Ship.exe. I selected the option to extract all the files to a folder on my PC, rather than using a temporary folder. It was after this point that I got the message "Error 100: Incompatible Image. The ROM image that you are trying to use is not designed to work with your SPV E200. Please check your country's web site and download a compatible SPV E200 software update utility".

4. I then downloaded Skoobice's file VoUpgradeUT_GR_fixed_LATEST_280205.exe and saved it to the same folder where the Orange UK installation files had been extracted to.

5. In Windows Explorer, I then double-clicked on Scoobice's file VoUpgradeUT_GR_fixed_LATEST_280205.exe.

6. I then ignored all the question marks and strange characters, and selected the left-hand box twice in succession, and the installation began.

Thanks again for all your help, Skoobice!

Regards,

Mark

Guest netmeetv2

Hey SkoobIce here's one for yah!!!

I've got a Smart Phone (locked to Smart Network here in the Philippines) it has a bootloader ver. 1.09 and ROM (from smart net) 1.7 . . .

Here's the question . . .

I want to SIM unlock my phone . . .

There is a new spvunlock2 . . . so do I still need to downgrade my bootloader or I can use the new spvunlock2 to get the unlock code?

and where can I get a ROM to sim unlock this phone?

I have the qtek 1.5 update . . . I tried that and it just gave me a white blank screen . . .

What should I do? do I need to downgrade the ROM first? TNX :D

• 2 months later...
Guest BetaMouse

Hello i'm trying to find the VoUpgradeUT_GR_fixed_LATEST_280205.exe

but i can't find him....

Can u help... I have the same error (error 100) when i'm trying to update...

I try to update a France version to UK (if possible)

Tnx for the help!

Guest BetaMouse

Doh, i notice your attachment, sorry sorry

and ik worked!!!

omg, so nice.... the reboot after the flash was very long ( i got scarred ;)) but it works...

I have a dutch network (Telfort) and ik works ;):D:D

Tnx Tnx Tnx!

Guest BetaMouse

Hi,

I did FR to UK, i'm not sure if there is a update avalible for a FR rom? Maybe u can see if there is one avalible @ the France Orange website www.orange.fr

I downloaded the laterst UK version form the uk orange site... But i don't know where to find the France one because i can speak / read france ;)

greetz

Guest dutchphoto
Are you sitting comfortably? then I shall begin!!

To put your phone in bootloader mode turn it off and then hold the record button ( the red one below the power button) and turn it on again, it should now say "press any key to enter bootloader!!" do this and you are taken to a three coloured screen with "bootloader" written on it!

stick the phone in the dock (cradle)

move the program I posted to the orange upgrade and start the upgrade by double clicking on the program

Ignore all the messed up writting and question marks!! just click on the left hand icon at the bottom of the page and then the same on the following screen, the upload should start and hopefully will go all the way! if not try a few more times as its not an exact science!!!

good luck!!!!!!! ;)  :D  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't work for me. I am getting a error 101 which is a connection error. I wonder how one can upload when there isn't a connection made when this colored boot screen is up, while the phone is in the cradle and the cradle is connected to the PC's USB port.

Any ideas. Ia have bootloader 1.07.02

Thanks.

Henk

edit, OK I got it working and was able to bring my phone alive again. Though with an English 2.7.1.1 rom. I wonder if I can falsh the dutch ROM 2.7.3.3 over it?

Thanks

Henk

Edited by dutchphoto

• 2 years later...
Guest gelici

PROBLEM!!! I've succesfully upgraded it thanks to the greek fix, but now everytime I start the phone it automatically goes into bootloader !!! what do I have to do to acces the phone ? re-flashing does not work...

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...