Coming soon! Tweaks2k2 .NET v1.1

Guest ctitanic

Guest ctitanic
Hi Citanic,

I'm brand new owner of this app. Can we download this now for existing owners? Thanks!

Robert

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ERD April, 1st.

Guest ppcmd

Will you be adding other features like the WMPC version (also excellent). The feature I am looking for is storing email on the memory card. That is once PocketMac will allow entourage to sync my email.

Guest ctitanic
Will you be adding other features like the WMPC version (also excellent). 

i don't know this program

The feature I am looking for is storing email on the memory card.  That is once PocketMac will allow entourage to sync my email.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's not possible.

the best thing you can do is to use another email client.

Guest ctitanic
Have a look at this post. People say it works. I haven't tried for myself though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that only transfer the attachments. In windows mobile the emails are kept in a system database that only can be located in your RAM.

Guest ctitanic

ok, i just went and test it again. in SP it's possible to move the mail to any location using that registry hack that basically what it does is to create a this registry key

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MAPI\

PropertyPath of type String that keeps the path.

But, from that same thread you can see that sometimes this hack could cause corruptions in your SD Card. why this happens? because the sd card has not been initialized completely when the OS is trying already to access the mail folder. In the Pocket PC world I have played with the other key which is to move the attachment and it sometimes work fine and sometimes not.

So, my conclusion on this topic is that it's a little bit risky.

Guest markgamber
ok, i just went and test it again. in SP it's possible to move the mail to any location using that registry hack that basically what it does is to create a this registry key

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MAPI\

PropertyPath of type String that keeps the path.

But, from that same thread you can see that sometimes this hack could cause corruptions in your SD Card. why this happens? because the sd card has not been initialized completely when the OS is trying already to access the mail folder. In the Pocket PC world I have played with the other key which is to move the attachment and it sometimes work fine and sometimes not.

So, my conclusion on this topic is that it's a little bit risky.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've done it and never once had a problem. If I recall, the person who did have a problem and said so in that thread also stated it apparently had nothing to do with moving the mail folder. I'd love to see that hack automated, personally. Might just do it myself if no one else does.

Guest ctitanic
I've done it and never once had a problem. If I recall, the person who did have a problem and said so in that thread also stated it apparently had nothing to do with moving the mail folder. I'd love to see that hack automated, personally. Might just do it myself if no one else does.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tweaks2k2 is a commercial application so I have to be carefull with every trick I include on it. I'll study this trick (may be I could include it with a warning message everytime some body try to apply the trick :D)

I'm positive that that corruption happened because of this trick.

Guest ppcmd

Thanks Citanic any tweak that improves what MS failed to do correctly is a benefit to all users. I consider every change I make to my MPx220 to be at the users risk. Most just result in a HR needed. thanks again.

Guest ctitanic
Thanks Citanic any tweak that improves what MS failed to do correctly is a benefit to all users.  I consider every change I make to my MPx220 to be at the users risk.  Most just result in a HR needed.  thanks again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, I have included this trick in the coming version with a warning about possible corruption. It does mean that if the results during the tests with my team are good the trick is going to be included in the final version. 8)

Guest ctitanic

Well, version 1.1 is almost done.

I'm looking for English native language betatesters willing to share my private betatesting forum with my "Spanish Gang of Betatesters", and I mentioning that because it's hard to share with those guys, they all know English but they like to chat all time in spanish. :twisted:

I'm looking for 5 people with experience in Smartphone registry. Willing to risk the info in their smartphone testing Tweaks2k2 to insure that the released version is a save product.

Any one willing to participate please post here about it. My selection is going to be based in the user activity in this forum and the data provided in the application here. My selection is undisputable.

Betatesters will receive a free copy of this product and any other program made by me. Betatesters access to my private forum is going to be automatically canceled after a short period of inactivaty so please, do not apply if you don't have time for testing.

TIA

Guest ctitanic

Official list of hacks included in version 1.1

Edited :twisted:

My prediction is that we are going to have more than 20 hacks included before we reach version 1.5

ERD for version 1.1 - April, 1st.

Edited by ctitanic

Guest ctitanic
Is you app going to be signed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you think that any one will sign an application that all it does is to hack those keys in the registry that "they" don't want you to change.

The answer is NO. So far I have gained access to lock keys using work around and the main reason why I'm looking for more betatester than what I already have is to insure that the program is goint to run at least in 80% of the SP currently in the market no matter the status of the SP.

Guest rperalta

Hi citanic,

I would like to sign up to be a Betatester. I have an Audiovox SMT5600 with SP 2003 SE. I tried a lot of hacks that I found here at modaco. Due to this, I played around the registry and hard reset my phone a lot. Hope you consider me. Thanks!

rperalta

Guest ctitanic

BTW, I consider the Signing process another abusive method to suck money from developers. I don't like the method so I wont play that game. I consider that I have paid enough buying VS. If they implement a method to insure the security of the platform that it's not so abusive from the point of view of prices and methods I'll be the first one willing to be part of it. So far, what I have seen is just a method more likely used to suck money from us than to insure the security of our devices. That's my opinion about it.

I got enough with resellers chargin me 40% to sale my products. :evil:

Edited by ctitanic

Guest tudor

So, you say that your app will enable/disable ClearType without being signed?

I'll do the beta-testing thing if you claim you are able to do that :D

Guest ctitanic
Hi citanic,

I would like to sign up to be a Betatester. I have an Audiovox SMT5600 with SP 2003 SE. I tried a lot of hacks that I found here at modaco. Due to this, I played around the registry and hard reset my phone a lot. Hope you consider me. Thanks!

rperalta

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

from august 2004 to march 2005, only 4 post is telling me few about yourself. :D Don't get me wrong. No offence intended.

Guest tudor
from august 2004 to march 2005, only 4 post is telling me few about yourself.  :D Don't get me wrong. No offence intended.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't be harsh on him, you're not very talkative yourself :D

Guest ctitanic
So, you say that your app will enable/disable ClearType without being signed?

I'll do the beta-testing thing if you claim you are able to do that :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you have any doubt you can test the trial version 1.0 which already includes that trick.

Guest ctitanic
Don't be harsh on him, you're not very talkative yourself :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

check my join date. that give me almost 1 post per day. If you add that to my more than 20000 posts in Pocket PC's forums that's a lot, I would say a huge amount of posts for a developer. I don't know well this community but if this one is like BrightHand.com and other forums that I use to visit, the amount of develpers posting about topics no relative to their program can be count using the fingers of just one hand.

Like I said, no offence intended but so far the only way that I can use to check if a person is what I'm looking for is reading his/her posts in this forum. He can be the 8th wonder of the world, but I don't have anyway to know it. Sorry.

Guest rperalta
from august 2004 to march 2005, only 4 post is telling me few about yourself.  :D Don't get me wrong. No offence intended.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's ok citanic. I already owned this app anyway so I don't really need your FREE offer. I was just trying to help you out. Thanks anyway if you I you think I would not be a good betatester.

Maybe you should mention that you are looking for someone that has a minimum number of post here so people can save their replies to you. :D

rperalta