GPC 3D Dogs

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

[513]dogsm.gif

File Name :: GPC 3D Dogs

Author :: pzee

Category :: Animated

Description ::

This is 3D Dogs from the ATI Radeon 9700 GPU.

The homescreen files included in the ZIP archive are freewares (*.ani plus XML). The plugin to run the animated homescreen is NOT freeware. Please do not ask for links nor post links to download the plugin installer plus the AnimationEditor.

You can purchase the plugin using this link:

http://www.madbeetle.com/homescreen_page1.html

Comments and/or suggestions please post them here. Thanks and have fun. :D

View File

• 1 month later...
Guest sixonenine619

Its looks hella sick... but it runs slow on my phone. Is this normal? Also the lettering on where it should say "Thursday" was messed up

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

It should run well on C500. Same speed as the animation.

Regarding the date format, I didnt include a registry hack for it. My animation is in: ddd, MMM dd, yyyy format

You can tweak yours using registry editor. It is under HKLM\nls\overrides\SLDte

Default value data for SLDte is dddd MMMM dd, yyyy (translates to Wednesday September 14, 2000)

With ddd, MMM dd, yyyy you'll get Wed, Sept 14, 2000

Changes wont immediately take effect so you have to restart your device.

Guest sixonenine619

audiovox smt 5600, so basically a c500 id guess. I see what its doing. The pm is overlapping on the first two letters of THursday. Iono though, it runs pretty slow on my phone even after turning it on and off. Any ideas?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

With slow animation you mean just like in a series of frames? I will check on the frame properties.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
if i change the date, will that affect all my homescreens, or just this one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It will affect ALL homescreen date format.

You can easily toggle between default format and my animation's format using RESCO registry import-export technique.

Backup (export) default format into *.reg file. Tweak the SLDte to the short format an then back it up again with RESCO. In the event that you want to shift to the default format, you can just import the 'default' reg file to overwirte the short format.

Guest sixonenine619

it doesnt look smooth like it does here on the computer. Real jumpy... and its much slower on my phone it takes almost three seconds when its rotating left to right or vise virsa, the one here takes about 2 seconds.

Guest sixonenine619

I just went into change my time formate. Its set to MM/dd/yy right now as default. You said it should be MMM/dd/yyyy thought right>?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

I checked the ani file and it was set to 40 millisecond. Problem with setting the number lower (10 for example means faster animation playing) is that animation on the phone tends to do the opposite effect, it plays slower.

My suggestion is that you tweak the ani file (the delay property) to what plays well on your device. I cannot jump into conclusion that since we basically have the same phone, animation will play in the same speed as my device. After you get the right speed, you may send the file to madbeetle for 're-signing'. Just tell him my frame properties didnt perform well on your phone.

I have read feedbacks that some animations play really slow on the e200 and some files are choppy.

Guest sixonenine619

Sorry about all the questions ;) im still pretty new to smartphones... Where would I find the ani file to change?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
I just went into change my time formate.  Its set to MM/dd/yy right now as default.  You said it should be MMM/dd/yyyy thought right>?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try ddd, MMM dd, yyyy to get Fri, May 06, 2005 and then check your Regional Settings, mine is set to Friday, May 06, 2005.

The one I mentioned should override the regional settings format. ;)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

You should look for SLDte (Long style date format) not SSDte.

The ani file is located at \Storage\Application Data\Home.

;)

Guest sixonenine619

hmm i dont know how to open the file to edit it ;)

ANyways, thanks for the help, I gotta goto sleep now ;)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

This is how it works mate...

3D Dogs XML file includes a date plugin

<date font-weight="bold" font-size="14" bgtext="transparent" halign="right" fgcolor="#FFFFFF" mode="long"

Notice 'mode=long' ? That means the homescreen will make use of the long style date format (SLDte of registry). Since by default, phone's SLDte has a value of dddd MMMM dd, yyyy ; all homescreens with 'mode=long' in its XML will manifest Friday, May 06, 2005 on the homescreen. In cases of long day names (Wednesday) or long month names, (September), the letters on the homescreen will overlap.

So comes the tweak: SLDte = ddd, MMM dd, yyyy making all long day and month names cropped to its first 3 letters. ;)

You can download the free animation editor from:

http://www.madbeetle.com/homescreen_page1.html

OK, good night.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.