Best Smart 'Flip' Phone available?

Guest zim_zimmer

Guest Jamma14

Hey Larry I know this is a bit off topic but is there any chance of an update with the emu?? Are you able to release it yet or is that still not possible?

Guest nikjensie

According to the import-law you still have to pay taxes even if they mark it gift, if it exceeds the amount of £40 or something like that. BUT sometimes they still don't tax it... I don't know how it slips through but it does and it usually happens to my shipment. One thing I know the customs look for is insured shipments, especially if they're gifts so... just a tip.

I don't suppose anyone ha a solution to my language problem, or read something somewhere... it's getting frustrating. I guess I'll have to wait for a new generic ROM...

Nik

Guest zim_zimmer
Hey Larry I know this is a bit off topic but is there any chance of an update with the emu?? Are you able to release it yet or is that still not possible?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Latest EMU?? Have you got an emulator on your phone then mate?? Which console... MEGADRIVE, SNES??

Guest tendomentis

I'm on my second MPx200 (my first one was only a dual band model) and I have to say that I keep trying to find a practical reason to upgrade from it.....and I can't find one. I work in an office that forbids camera phones, and as yet no bluetooth smartphone supports bluetooth STEREO headsets, so the camera and the bluetooth hold no interest for me. I'm running the latest version of WM2003 on my phone and it runs just fine, and with "Always Up To Date" activated on my Exchange email, I have NEARLY all the convenience of a Blackberry in my MPx200. I drop my phone in its cradle at night and my computer automatically uploads my recorded TV for that day onto my storage card so I can watch it on my way into work the next day, and with a 1GB SD card in my phone, I have plenty of room for TV, music, and books (all Repligo of course).

I don't have an issue with battery life, so really......what's the point in upgrading? Maybe I'll upgrade when T-Mobile USA starts carrying the HP Messenger, but until then I'm content.

Guest Jamma14
Latest EMU?? Have you got an emulator on your phone then mate?? Which console... MEGADRIVE, SNES??

I'm afraid I fail to see what you mean. Yes I do have a few emulators on my phone but what has that got to do with the question?? Bitbank was working on a really speedy and good GBC/GG/NES emulator but then found he could not release it due to rl commitments. So that's why I asked him if he can release it now coz it's really good ;) ...

Guest Jamma14

Well there is picodrive (very good megadrive emu) gnuboy (gb/gbc emu) and smartnes (for nes) which r all good, try them. Although bitbanks wasn't ported, twas made from scratch and was the best of the lot. We'll c what he says...

Guest nikjensie

Calm down Zim. Just get to it and go get that MPx220 for a decent price... what he's trying to say (with the lack of punctuations) is that even though it's NOT a flip phone, the C550 will be the phone to have... if you want to wait for a more powerful flip I think you'll have to wait for Samsung to get something out, and that doesn't, in my opinion, seem to happen this year...

Get the MPx220, I did and I LOVE IT!

Guest Confucious
C550 flip??  Since when??

Anyone got a link?

I think what he was saying was that even though the C550 is NOT a flip it is still the one to go for.

Guest zim_zimmer
Calm down Zim. Just get to it and go get that MPx220 for a decent price... what he's trying to say (with the lack of punctuations) is that even though it's NOT a flip phone, the C550 will be the phone to have... if you want to wait for a more powerful flip I think you'll have to wait for Samsung to get something out, and that doesn't, in my opinion, seem to happen this year...

Get the MPx220, I did and I LOVE IT!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see!! I thought the C550 wasn't a flip!!

Isn't the C550 same as the I Mate SP3i though? Seems like a nice phone but after owning my SPV C500 and now a MPx200 I'd rather have the MPx200, and thats without a camera, bluetooth & MMS messaging... now that tells me something!!

I'm going to be ordering my MPx220 in a matter of hours.... can't wait until it arrives now!!

THanks for all your help guys

Guest Phonz

Someone was interested in unlocked motorola mpx220's? I can get them in china unlocked and I think they're quite cheap because not many people are buying them. I have to admit I looked at one and they are rather bland and missing some vital features. The concept mpx260 looked better.

Also Mio make a flip clamshell smartphone. Its similar in spec to the mpx200.

If you can wait until Q4 there should be a stack of new magneto phones running qvga screens...

Most the phones coming out until then will be upgraded and repacked existing tecnology or test runs for the new upcoming tech like spv c550.

Also check out newgen d2000w - its a slide out phone but looks interesting if it is eventually released.

post-124705-1113980312_thumb.jpg

Guest zim_zimmer
Someone was interested in unlocked motorola mpx220's? I can get them in china unlocked and I think they're quite cheap because not many people are buying them. I have to admit I looked at one and they are rather bland and missing some vital features. The concept mpx260 looked better.

Well I've got my MPx220 on the way now so I am well happy!! Have you got any pics, previews of the MPx260?? I've never heard of it!

Also how much would your unlocked MPx220's be from China, and will they have English dictionarys/language, etc...??

Also Mio make a flip clamshell smartphone. Its similar in spec to the mpx200.

Yeah saw the MIO 8390... looks ok, got an external aerial though and NO BLUETOOTH!!

If you can wait until Q4 there should be a stack of new magneto phones running qvga screens...

What is a QVGA screen?

• 6 months later...
Guest zim_zimmer
Whatever became of the newgen d2000w?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

don't know mate?? I've searched Google and the latest news is from February 2005!!!

Perhaps they've scrapped it?

Guest nevawlkalone
Allegedly HTC are bringing out a new clamshell phone...the Star Trek

Fantastic.....I've had a Voyager must get the Star Trek ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Boom Boom

Guest Meyithi
Allegedly HTC are bringing out a new clamshell phone...the Star Trek

Fantastic.....I've had a Voyager must get the Star Trek ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guess I'll have to wait till that's released then. Will pick an MPX 220 up from ebay and see what I can do with it in the mean time. Was offered a 300 but 16mb rom and 175mhx processor? I think not!

Guest Meyithi
Guess I'll have to wait till that's released then.  Will pick an MPX 220 up from ebay and see what I can do with it in the mean time.  Was offered a 300 but 16mb rom and 175mhx processor? I think not!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I have a brand new 220 and I'm not sure what I think of it!

First thing that struck me is how low the volume is on ringtones, it's about 1/2 the volume of my RAZR. Then the screen size bothered me, it's tiny.

Apart from those two issues, after some major tweaking and the latest Asian Rom, phone is running fine, just not sure I can live with the faults I listed above :/

Guest monkeygadge

You should go set up your profiles for the ring volume, make sure that the ringer volume is on LOUD. Yes the screen is small but so is the phone. Try putting on some of the homescreens from the download section of Modaco, your default ones won't do the phone any justice. Modaco2 is quite good or try the Longhorn one called MobileLH. Also download registry editor and set your cleartype to 1, it makes a world of difference.