sikittle

sikittle

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:C500
Hi,

Maybe this seems like a strange thing to be asking - does anyone know of any software or any way to be able to use my smartphone (C500) as a PC microphone / speaker??

Basically I want to be able to use Skype, and I figure rather than having a whole other headset it'd be cool to just be able to use normal phone, especially as the microphone on my C500 is gonna be far batter than any microphone on any dedicated PC headset / mic I can afford to buy.

I have a bluetooth headset for my phone too, which would mean I could use this with VoIP.

Alternatively I could connect my bluetooth headset to my PC directly but I haven't found any way to do this?

My basic want is to be able to use VoIP on my PC without having to have yet another bit of hardware (PC headset) especially some cheap piece of junk that isn't a lot of good (which is probably all I could afford at the mo).

I've seen phones sometimes include "Audio Gateway" in their list of bluetooth services supported - is that what this is does anyone know?

Many thanks for any direction.

- Simon

deethe

deethe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:lutherie, canoeing and pc o/s's
  • Devices:MPx220

Hi,

Maybe this seems like a strange thing to be asking - does anyone know of any software or any way to be able to use my smartphone (C500) as a PC microphone / speaker??

Basically I want to be able to use Skype, and I figure rather than having a whole other headset it'd be cool to just be able to use normal phone, especially as the microphone on my C500 is gonna be far batter than any microphone on any dedicated PC headset / mic I can afford to buy.

I have a bluetooth headset for my phone too, which would mean I could use this with VoIP.

Alternatively I could connect my bluetooth headset to my PC directly but I haven't found any way to do this?

My basic want is to be able to use VoIP on my PC without having to have yet another bit of hardware (PC headset) especially some cheap piece of junk that isn't a lot of good (which is probably all I could afford at the mo).

I've seen phones sometimes include "Audio Gateway" in their list of bluetooth services supported - is that what this is does anyone know?

- Simon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, use the audio gateway feature

i have net2phone setup to use my hs810 BT headset as the bluetooth audio gateway

once you set your BT device up, your voip app should find the alt audio device (the BT adapter) and option you to use that. make the pairing to your headset and dial away!

goodluck

bigdan

bigdan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:SPV M3100

Hi,

- Simon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But can you use the C500 on its own as i don't have a headset?

SPV>E200>C500>MPx220>C550>M3100>M700>Touch Diamond>HTC HERO>Samsung Galaxy S

deethe

deethe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:lutherie, canoeing and pc o/s's
  • Devices:MPx220

But can you use the C500 on its own as i don't have a headset?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my fault.. misunderstood, don't know but might have a looksee

sosorry :|

sikittle

sikittle

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:C500

my fault.. misunderstood, don't know but might have a looksee

sosorry :|

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I now have my Bluetooth headset working directly with my PC. I think it should work for all Bluetooth headsets even if they don't say they support the PC, as long as they implement the Headset or Handsfree profile.

The key is you need the WIDCOMM bluetooth drivers. I lost my CD for my bluetooth dongle, and so when inserting it it just used the MS drivers whihc don't support much except OBEX object exchange and the use of the modem of the phone.

It's a right pain to switch the drivers over too, even after you install WIDCOMM it'll probably still try to use the MS drivers but you can force it in the end.

I could also get my PC to work as the audio for the phone, but not the other way around. i.e. I coud have the PC act as a Microphone and speakers for my mobile - it would start a "Bluetooth Call Monitor" and I'd then get alerts to incoming phone calls on my PC, a bit like using Skype but it's obviously just with your mobile.

Unfortunately, my bluetooth dongle at least didn't support connecting my phone to PC, and headset to PC at the same time, presumably both cos their audio profiles I wanted to connect them as, so Ii'd have to use a PC headset for it to be any use whihc is exactly what I didn't want to do.

Anyway, it's some kind of progress.

- Simo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users