good m2000 upgrade price?

Guest shardy

Guest shardy

Hiya, just after a bit of advice. I'm upgrading from my e200 and thought I'd try the m2000. The lowest Orange will go to so far is £120 if I stay on my T-Mobile eqiv tarif that costs £13.99 a month. Does that sound like an ok deal, or should I try and push for a better price? I don't really want to change my tarif as I like the very low line rental!

One more thing, I take it my Tom-Tom mobile sat nav for the e200 won't work on the m2000? Not too much of a problem if it doesn't as I'll be keeping the e200 anyway, just wondering tho.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Guest Rob.P

Sounds pretty good, the lowest I have seen a new contract with Orange for the M2000 is £109, so not bad in my book, I'd like one for that price but due to handset upgrade in November have to wait awhile otherwise it's nigh on £330 for me.

Guest rickyburke

if your getting it direct from orange your going to pay a premium, get to onestopphoneshop.co.uk or mobiles.co.uk

your still going to get the phone on orange, but your not going to pay as much!

Guest CPhoenix

I've seriously got sick of waiting for the MPX and this my next viable alternative. (Spoken to Motorola's sales company and they say the MPX won't be available until 2nd quarter now).

My problem at the moment is that I use all of my free minutes on 0845 calls (£50p/m) and only O2 will allow that (and Orange agreed to match the tarrif). Orange and T-Mobile are doing the cheapest handsets (£45quid) but if I upgrade my phone (contract ran out in October 04') it isn't as cheap if I was a new customer; and I've heard that T-mobile wont match or allow me to use my free minutes on 0845 calls???

Anyone got any advice they can give me?

Guest Rob.P

You could wait a couple of weeks and see if my plan is going to work. I have another number on contract with Orange so I've asked for a PAC to transfer it to O2 on PAYG. Going to give it a few days on O2 then going to request a PAC to transfer to Orange as a new customer and hopefully take advantage of the deals for "Brand new customers only".

Guest sdinh

I knw a friend working in the Or an ge shop

Go into the shop ask for an upgrade. They will ask what tariff you are on. Tell them you are on talk 400 or above (even if you are not)

You see, sales assistants never check what tariff you are really on! They just ask and take your word for it. Then they simply put it through the till and discount the handset according to what you told them.

They are too busy getting excited about getting commision on an upgarde than worrying if your actually telling the truth!

I got mine for £49.99!

Rules are there to be broken :D

You could wait a couple of weeks and see if my plan is going to work.  I have another number on contract with Orange so I've asked for a PAC to transfer it to O2 on PAYG.  Going to give it a few days on O2 then going to request a PAC to transfer to Orange as a new customer and hopefully take advantage of the deals for "Brand new customers only".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Rob.P

Nice Blag :D Will try that on the contract phone I mainly use, if it don't work then I can still carry on with my original plan, could even end up with 2 M2000s at a cheap price (not going to hold my breath though).