best text message tones

Guest gregbarton

Guest extravagant

wow guys I dont like none of these! No offense, wheres the more serious ones? We need nice simply professional ones from MS!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stern

I have had a lot in the past but never anything I thought truly worked so after a trip to see the new star wars I searched for some sounds and I made this and I'm loving it

R2D2 at his/it's best

r2.wav

Guest chucky.egg
I have had a lot in the past but never anything I thought truly worked so after a trip to see the new star wars I searched for some sounds and I made this and I'm loving it

R2D2 at his/it's best

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had the same idea and use this one:

R2D2_short.wav

Guest Disco Stu
wow guys I dont like none of these! No offense, wheres the more serious ones? We need nice simply professional ones from MS!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You do have a point there.

I have been embarrassed twice recently with my phone going "Oink" or "Hotdog !" in business meetings :oops:

The standard ones are so lame though and you need something that is distinctively your own when you receive messages in a crowded room.

Guest confused and hungover

I have been embarrassed twice recently with my phone going "Oink" or "Hotdog !" in business meetingsĀ  :oops:

The standard ones are so lame though and you need something that is distinctively your own when you receive messages in a crowded room.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i currently have timmy from south park going "TIMMY!!!!" not very professional i know but funny

timmy1.wav

Guest C00LH4ND

One I have been looking for for sometime now is the sonar ringtone/SMS tone. I think it is a step away from the lame plain vanilla tones but not too funky to cause embarasment in meetings... Anyone come across this :??:

Guest chucky.egg

If you want "normal" tones just raid the files that Windows installs

Have a trawl of C:\Windows\Media

[edit]

I thought these two "boring"/"normal" ones came from there, but I can't find them in there now

[/edit]

Bleep_05.wav

Bleep_14.wav

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest Maquina
i currently have timmy from south park going "TIMMY!!!!" not very professional i know but funny

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was awesomely funny

Guest Ghostie

Evil homer is my ringtune.

oooh hellooooo is my normal txt sound, but sometimes when I want to wake people up around me i use peekaboo ;)

awww pants, uploading doesn't seem to work for me.

Edited by Ghostie

Guest Maquina
I can't download wav files at work so I can't hear any of those ;)

I use this one though - a robotic lady's voice saying "Receiving incoming transmission" no idea where it came from.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for posting this. I love it. But the volume was too low. So I opened it in GoldWave, doubled the Volume output on it and now it sounds awesome!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ashleyawd

Yes i no this is for text messages but i have a real crap one thats basically goes "Beep"

BUT im yet to make one at work! im a producer at a radio station and i cut 2 parts of the song feel good - Gorillaz i use it for my ringtone

You can download it if you like but remember where you got it!

gorrlias2.mp3

Edited by Ashleyawd

Guest Ashleyawd

I have been embarrassed twice recently with my phone going "Oink" or "Hotdog !" in business meetingsĀ  :oops:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tell me what you want and ill make you it at work, a non embrassing one, give me a few things you want (how long) and i can make it for you np

Guest Ashleyawd

Here are 15 examples of tones i have made for YOU GUYS!

If you want one, please PM me or reply with like "Numer 1" Number 8" then i will post it as a wav.

Cheers,

Ash

ringtones_demo.mp3

Edited by Ashleyawd

Guest Chiz
Here are 15 examples of tones i have made for YOU GUYS!

If you want one, please PM me or reply with like "Numer 1" Number 8" then i will post it as a wav.

Cheers,

Ash

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ash

When I download this and the other one you posted the file is 0 bytes and there is no sound.

Anyone else had any joy?

Thanks

Chiz