2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone adapter: which one?

Guest badbob001

Guest badbob001

What kind of 2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone adapter is good for the mpx220? Do I need a 3 wire kind like for normal stereo headphones or a 4 wire kind for stereo+mic? Any suggestions? Preferably, I would like one where the 2.5mm plug bends at about 90 degrees from the jack and optionally have a few inches of cable between it and the 3.5mm end. I would not like an adapter where the 2.5mm and 3.5mm plugs are in one straight piece, making it look like my phone is growing a horn.

I'm in the U.S. so I've looked in radioshack but didn't see anything but "horns" or mono adapters.

Thanks!

Guest jmun2098

no that one wont work!....it has to be one that says it will fit motorola because i bought one first and it was the wrong one and then i found the correct one on ebay for 15 bucks .....its the one with the extension on it...just go to ebay and search for "mpx220 2.5mm to 3.5mm" and you should see the correct one

Edited by jmun2098

Guest dchester
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cata...2D373&hp=search

costs $3.99 in radioshack.

*Edit* Sorry I did not completely read the original post.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried the Radio Shack adapter first, but I didn't like it. You can get it to work by not inserting it all the way in. But the bottom line was that it sticks out too far for my liking. I ended up getting one from eBay for $10, that I liked a lot better.

Guest fincan
Do I need to pull out the adapter when answering a phone or can I listen on the headphones and talk into the mic on the phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you need to pull out the adapter.

Guest fincan
So does this headset works as a stereo headset and a handsfree for MPx220?

Regards

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, but beware:

SYN9870A and HS120 are actually two DIFFERENT models!

SYN9870A's answer/end button does NOT work with the mpx220

HS120 is the fully compatible one with our phones. So, ask seller first if that one is a HS120 or SYN9870 before bidding (both of them looks exactly the same).

Guest jairo_lopez
Yes, but beware:

HS120 is the fully compatible one with our phones. So, ask seller first if that one is a HS120 or SYN9870 before bidding (both of them looks exactly the same).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks a lot for the tip. I have trouble finding this headset in Colombia, so I'll have to bid for it at eBay.

Regards

J. López

Guest bkdarch
Yes, but beware:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi- question about the hs120 and syn9870---

i bought both for my mpx220 and discovered that the syn9870's send/rec button does not work as you said- i then tried the hs120 from best buy and the button kind of works - but not really- it doesnt allow me to push to dial or answer-- and the unit does mute on incoming call but does not resume the mp3 player at the call end - i need to manually go back in and start the song again-- does yours work as i described?

Guest fincan
hi- question about the hs120 and syn9870---

i bought both for my mpx220 and discovered that the syn9870's send/rec button does not work as you said-  i then tried the hs120 from best buy and the button kind of works - but not really- it doesnt allow me to push to dial or answer-- and the unit does mute on incoming call but does not resume the mp3 player at the call end - i need to manually go back in and start the song again-- does yours work as i described?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought a syn9870 and learned the issue from the hard way :D

I'm waiting for my hs120 now, I will test it and write it here after getting it.