PocketMVP sound probs

Guest dreamweavel

Guest dreamweavel

Can anyone give me any ideas why lip sync is out when using pocketMVP divx player?

I've got a bunch of babylon 5 episodes converted to Divx format that play perfectly on my PC but when i play them on my M2000 the lip sync is about 1 to 1 1/2 secs delayed... Oddly it doesn't seem to get any worse - it just stays out by the same amount.

All the Divx episodes are about 120MB; they take a few moments to open but there is no stuttering or visual problems, and the sound is perfect except for the fact it's out of sync. There don't appear to be any settings that you can alter this sort of stuff with.

I'm using the latest PPC version .8.011804.

Weird :|

Guest fraser

Try a different player, e.g. "Beta Player". Ignore the name, it's got a lot more options than pocketmvp. It also has a manual AV offset, which would solve your problem, but that's attacking the symptom. Could just be the encoding. Did you re-encode them for the phone?

Guest dreamweavel
Try a different player, e.g. "Beta Player". Ignore the name, it's got a lot more options than pocketmvp. It also has a manual AV offset, which would solve your problem, but that's attacking the symptom. Could just be the encoding. Did you re-encode them for the phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Fraser - loaded Beta Player and it works a treat!

I didn't do the encoding but the guy who did just used some app that encodes to PPC suitable settings automatically - either way it's all working fine now ta :D