Setting MP3/WAV as Ringtones

Guest CrazyDude

Guest CrazyDude

Is it even possible to set an MP3/WAV file as a ringtone on Windows Smartphone 2003 Edition? I just bought a QTEK 8020 (like i-mate SP3) and I just can't set the ringtone to play an MP3 song or even a WAV file!

Were any of you guys able to do such a thing? I mean I am pretty sure Windows Smartphone supports such ringtones, am I right? :?:

Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the forum :D

You can't use MP3s but you can use wavs.

They need to be PCM format though and Windows Sound Recorder will save them as that. On your PC look in Programs, Accessories, Entertainment.

Guest cold_fire
Is it even possible to set an MP3/WAV file as a ringtone on Windows Smartphone 2003 Edition? I just bought a QTEK 8020 (like i-mate SP3) and I just can't set the ringtone to play an MP3 song or even a WAV file!

Were any of you guys able to do such a thing? I mean I am pretty sure Windows Smartphone supports such ringtones, am I right?  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can also use .wma files as ringtones ,i am using them on SPV C500 ,they are smaller than wavs and better at quality .Just put them in Storage\Application Data\Sounds and u will find them in the sound menu.

Edited by cold_fire

Guest mishaone

A related question, if I may. I have a 2002 smartphone and am trying to allow the phone to detect sound files (WAVs) stored on my memory card as ringtones. Can anyone please advise me how to go about doing this and earn my eternal gratitude? A website I came across mentioned something called "Changer Sonneries" but gave no links as to where to get it, and another website said that you don't even need changer sonneries to do this anymore. Please help!

Guest mavisdavis

Changer Sonneries is a quick and easy solution for 2002edition phones. I used this all the time. You can also try regEdit if your feeling a little confident. But if not Sonneries is a good thing to have

Guest gzrecoil

You can use mp3s as ringtones?

Audiovox SMT5600.

Save the ringtones under storage/my documents

I have another problem however.

Using custom ringtones on a per person basis. I can't select anything thats music, only midis. Any suggestions?

Guest adamvogt28
Using custom ringtones on a per person basis.  I can't select anything thats music, only midis.  Any suggestions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ive got the same problem as him/her....any suggestions?

Guest kabloooie44

hi all.... i'm using a O2 Xphone II and having some difficulties....

managed to move my MP3 sound file.... can be played using media player on my phone....

even moved the file to Application Data\Sounds.... but it doesn't show up in my

ringtone list when i accessed Settings>Sounds trying to assign it to be my ringtone....

i had also tried zipping and extracting.... but it does not show up to be under ringtones selection...

any advice...?

:oops:

Edited by kabloooie44

Guest Disco Stu

Please don't cross-post.

As I said in my answer to your other post, your phone won't play MP3s as ringtones. You will have to convert to wav or wma.

• 1 month later...
Guest Maquina

I can't get WMA's to work. I get the DINK sound when i select them in the sound section. Any clue?

BTW, I shrunk them in size to the equivalant of Stereo FM. could this be why?

NM. a reboot of the phone did the trick

Edited by Maquina