Key and screen lock for PPC

Guest bretto

Guest paulrich

Dont know why your bothering with downloading all these programmes and taking up memory when there is a util built into the phone which locks the screen and all the buttons.

Firstly you want to adjust the timeout of the device, mine is set to 3 minutes.

Start>Settings>System>Power>Adjust Baclight settings to conserve power.

On external power, tick both boxes and set to 1 minute.

Then back on the main power screen click on Advanced.

Tick the box 'On battery power' and set to 3 min or however long you want.

Now go back to the settings screen, Button Lock, and highlight the 'Lock all buttons except power button' option.

What will now happen is when your device hibernates,(the screen will go blank), after the alloted time you've chosen, you can tap the screen, press all the buttons but nothing will happen until you press the tiny power button which will bring your device back to life.

Looks like they did remember to put this on the phone but yet again forgot, as with the C500, the ability to send files via Bluetooth.

On a phone that does everything but make a cup of tea, i thinks its a bit poor, especially when you consider those things i think they call Nokia's :x can do it!

Dont know why your bothering with downloading all these programmes and taking up memory when there is a util built into the phone which locks the screen and all the buttons.

Firstly you want to adjust the timeout of the device, mine is set to 3 minutes.

Start>Settings>System>Power>Adjust Baclight settings to conserve power.

On external power, tick both boxes and set to 1 minute.

Then back on the main power screen click on Advanced.

Tick the box 'On battery power' and set to 3 min or however long you want.

Now go back to the settings screen, Button Lock, and highlight the 'Lock all buttons except power button' option.

What will now happen is when your device hibernates,(the screen will go blank), after the alloted time you've chosen, you can tap the screen, press all the buttons but nothing will happen until you press the tiny power button which will bring your device back to life.

Looks like they did remember to put this on the phone but yet again forgot, as with the C500, the ability to send files via Bluetooth.

On a phone that does everything but make a cup of tea, i thinks its a bit poor, especially when you consider those things i think they call Nokia's  :x  can do it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Simply because hibernation will shut down all the apps you're currently using. This app locks all the buttons and screen, BUT lets you continue to listen to your music or watch your movie. So you see, there is a great difference between your suggestion and this lovely little app.

Guest paulrich

My apologies. Just asumed you wanted it to hibernate without anything running.

With regards to the sending of files via Bluetooth, do you know of any apps out there to support this?

Used Smartexplorer on my C500 but dont think its available for the M500 yet, is it?

Guest maxwell_hung
With regards to the sending of files via Bluetooth, do you know of any apps out there to support this?

Used Smartexplorer on my C500 but dont think its available for the M500 yet, is it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't have any problems sending files via bluetooth on my M500. Tap and hold, or hold down the action button to bring up the context menu on the file you want to send and choose beam file. You need to have bluetooth enabled for it to find other BT devices though, but it doesn't have to be discoverable

Guest Pabs(Sco)

paulrich I also think using what you suggested, the pphone will wake up and active the nscreen and buttons when you receive a call or text?

I beleive screenGuard still keeps the screen and keys locked(except the answer key?) when you get a call or text?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tonijj
I can't seem to find the app...do i need to do anything?!?!

Please m500 is driving me nuts!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can be found HERE

However, a new beta will be expected shortly, so I would suggest you wait a day or two more.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...